On the first floor of the historic Colcorde Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City is a flourishing restaurant and lounge named Flint. Presenting all-day dining options and a variety of menu selections inside or on the newly-opened expansive patio, this restaurant is sure to make a mark on the city’s culinary enthusiasts in no time.
Serving casual American favorites and several unique creations, Flint caters to those longing for succulent, quality-based, and memorable fare in a relaxing environment with a trendy edge and an energetic vibe.
Eye-catching fire pits flicker near the lounge beside leather easy chairs, while a blue lighted deer head oversees the crowd from behind the bar. Cozy booth-style seating is available as well as more formal table seating throughout the establishment.
The Flint Patio
Now open, the Flint patio provides a Small Bites menu to go along with those tempting and flavorsome libations mixed at the bar. Here one can admire the beautiful architecture that has gone into the building known as one of the Historic Hotels of America. A glass surround with etchings of leaves and the restaurant’s logo enhance the true beauty of such simplistic design while encouraging outsiders and passers-by to take a look inside.
Steaming coffee and tea was served promptly to our table shortly after being ordered. Simple, yet classic white serving vessels provided the beverages, while a silver stainless steel carafe housed the java keeping it warm throughout our meal. Chilled freshly squeezed orange juice arrived soon after, satisfying my taste buds and offering a sweet and tangy wake-up call.
Heart Healthy Omelet
My husband chose the Heart Healthy Omelet, which was quite delicious despite its healthy name. Protein-rich egg whites enveloped turkey bacon and sautéed vegetables such as spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and butternut squash. Breakfast potatoes on the side allowed for a heart healthy and hearty start to anyone’s day. This item was not only tasty from the first bite to the last forkful, but it’s vibrancy of color was also appealing as well satisfying not only our urge for something tasty, but our visual perception as well.
Farmer’s Biscuits & Gravy
Not something I would normally order on a regular basis while watching my waistline, I chose the Farmer’s Biscuits & Gravy as an additional side item for my husband and I to share. What was originally meant for a taste soon became a complete consumption after the first mouthful of this decadent and sinful gravy-topped creation. Both buttery and filling, this addition to our breakfast was perfectly sized for two people, and packed with mouthwatering flavor.
Challah Bread French Toast
I suppose I was craving carbs this particular morning, because I selected the Challah Bread French Toast. Soft Challah bread was expertly prepared “French Toast” style then topped with a warm berry compote and showered with a mountain of Confectioner’s sugar. Fluffy and savory, this dish was served with an accompanying separate bottle of warmed maple syrup for an addition of more sweet and sinful goodness.
After breakfast, we walked through the spacious patio, then across the street to the Myriad Botanical Gardens and enjoyed the beautiful sights there. What a great way to spend the morning after a sumptuous meal at Flint!
ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: The modern motif of the establishment is welcoming and a relaxed vibe can be felt throughout. Fire pits flicker and conversation-piece items stand out in the lounge, while an expansive stunning patio offers fresh air amid casual comfort.
- FOOD / DRINK: Unfortunately, we only had the chance to enjoy breakfast before we departed the hotel on this specific trip, but judging by the quality of the cuisine we did experience, we would take a pretty good guess that lunch, brunch and dinner will be just as satisfying and excellently prepared.
- LOCATION: Flint Restaurant is located on the corner of Robinson and Sheridan inside The Colcorde Hotel at 15 North Robinson Avenue in Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
- HOURS: Breakfast is served Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM until 11 AM, and again on Saturday and Sunday from 6:30 AM to 10 AM, while Brunch is available Saturday and Sunday only from 6:30 Am through 10 AM. Lunch is available Monday through Friday from 11 AM until 2 PM. Dinner is accessible Sunday through Thursday from 5 Pm to 11 PM, and again on Friday and Saturday from 5 Pm until Midnight.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Our server was friendly, smiling, and gracious. She was genuinely focused on our orders and our happiness and satisfaction with the establishment.
- PRICE / VALUE: Our indulgence in the sinfully delicious breakfast we enjoyed was priced appropriately in our opinion. Very reasonable for the quality of the items we ordered for our morning sustenance.
- CORKAGE FEE: No outside alcohol is allwed inside of the restaurant.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone:(405) 605-0657, Website: www.flintokc.com
- PARKING: As guests of The Colcorde Hotel, the property’s valet parking took care of our vehicle while we were staying in-house.
- PRICING: The cup of hot tea was easily priced at $3, while the orange juice was a simple $5. The Heart Healthy Omelet came in at $8, and the Challah Bread French Toast was priced at $9. The order of Biscuits & Gravy was featured at $5.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.