Chablis Food + Wine is a favorite location for a romantic dinner comprised of fresh flavorsome ingredients, a fine wine you’ve never tried before at the bar, or a very accommodating location to enjoy meeting up with friends for a fabulous wine dinner in the private dining room complete with a comforting fireplace and easy access to the spacious outdoor patio.
The main dining room is very inviting, as are the private banquet rooms in the rear of the establishment where we have personally been invited to share in numerous wine dinners. The entire restaurant as a whole offers a satisfying ambiance…friendly, romantic, and cozy.
Patrons can tell that Chablis Food + Wine’s own Executive Chef, Jorge Vasquez, enjoys what he does in the kitchen behind the scenes at this inviting establishment. The flavorful offerings are elegantly displayed and have never let us down. Below, several of Chef Vasquez’s culinary creations of savory goodness…
Fresh-From-the-Oven Crusty Bread and a Mandarin Cosmopolitan
The bread service at Chablis Food + Wine is an outstanding beginning to a fantastic meal. Served atop a wine bottle-shaped wooden cutting board with a large slice of sweet cream butter sits the most sensational crusty-on-the-outside-yet-tender-on-the-inside freshly baked bread just waiting to be devoured. Above, I relished in a Mandarin Cosmopolitan ($10) made with Absolut Mandrin, Dekuyper Triple Sec, lime juice and cranberry juice. A lovely way to relax before ordering an outstanding dinner.
Chef’s Soup of the Day
The Chef’s Soup of the Day ($6) was an indulgent seafood bisque-like creation that was comforting and topped with a heaping mound of lump crab meat. A sheer delight, and not crafted with too much cream in the recipe, which we both enjoyed.
My husband enjoyed Chablis Wine + Food’s Caesar Salad presentation ($8). Assembled with chilled fresh Romaine hearts, perfectly-salted anchovies, a smooth and creamy Caesar dressing then topped with fresh shaved Parmesan cheese accompanied by a single crostini instead of traditional croutons. Light, yet hearty, this choice was a fine salad to share before receiving our dinner entrees.
Burrata and Tomato Salad
There’s that burrata again! It seems to have been popping up on most every menu as of late. This excellently-presented and visually appealing Burrata and Tomato Salad ($8) combined the flavors of creamy burrata with the freshness of sliced beefsteak tomatoes and fresh leaves of bright green basil all doused with a savory extra virgin olive oil and a drizzle of tangy and sweet balsamic vinegar. Another starter selection that is great to share between two people, as my husband and I have done on several occasions.
Marinated Lemon Herb Chicken
I know, it’s chicken. But it’s not JUST chicken. This is Chablis Food + Wine’s Marinated Lemon Herb Chicken ($19) loaded with sliced mushrooms, a potato puree beneath and roasted vegetables in a savory scrumptious lemon-essenced sauce. This was the dish I ordered on our last visit to the restaurant, and I’m still thinking about it today!
Beef Skirt Stroganoff
Now here’s a real winner. If you’re a stroganoff lover, and a beef lover, and a goat’s cheese lover…then this is the perfect menu option for you. As an adamant admirer of all three of these foods, I have to admit that this Beef Skirt Stroganoff ($19) is like heaven in a bowl. The al dente preparation of the penne pasta tossed with flavorful tomatoes and mushrooms embrace tender chunks of beef throughout then is topped with huge dollops of creamy tangy goat’s cheese. Perfection!
Here’s a lovely finish to a wonderful meal at Chablis Food + Wine! Their Baked Alaska ($8). Luscious vanilla ice cream atop a cake base then topped with meringue and baked to perfection, drizzled with a taste of raspberry syrup and completed with cookie crumbs around the plate.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Warm hued walls, dark trim throughout, white tablecloths draped across clean palates ready for the chef’s creations to be presented, and a welcoming impression from the second you enter this establishment to the moment you leave. Intimate rooms are available for private parties in the rear of the restaurant, and a spacious patio for outdoor dining is also available.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fine wine selections, chilled hand-shaken, flavorful signature cocktails, and delectable European-influenced cuisine will prove to your taste buds that this is where you need to be. Meals are prepared with a creative flair and we can’t remember ever visiting without finishing the very last bite on our plates.
- LOCATION: Chablis Wine + Food is located at 18588 Ventura Boulevard in Tarzana, CA 91356.
- HOURS: Chablis Wine + Food is available for lunch Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 AM – 2 PM. Dinner is served Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4:30 PM – 9:30 PM, and on Friday and Saturday from 4:30 PM – 10:30 PM. The bistro hosts a terrific Happy Hour Tuesday through Friday from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM featuring appetizers from $4 to $7, wines by the glass and well brand cocktails for $5 each, and draft beer for $4. ‘Wine Tasting Wednesdays’ offer guests wine flights featuring three diverse wines and live music between $12 and $16 per person each week as well.
- SERVICE / STAFF: The table service has never disappointed us, and the staff as a whole has always been welcoming each time we’ve dined at this establishment.
- PRICE / VALUE: Reasonable prices, excellent quality of American cuisine with a European touch, and a terrific value for the money overall.
- CORKAGE FEE: $5 per 750mL bottle…we’re not complaining!
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (818) 343-9100, Website: www.chablisca.com
- PARKING: Valet parking is available for the restaurant, however we’ve never had trouble locating a metered parking space along Ventura Boulevard in close proximity to the eatery.
- TOTAL BILL: Depending on what you’re drinking, how many bottles of wine you bring with you, and what is ordered, the final bills will vary, of course. However, we have visited on numerous occasions, and the most we’ve ever spent between drinks, appetizers, salads, main entrees, and dessert has been just over $80.