If you’re seeking an upscale locale with an alluring ambiance, unique conversation-piece decor, and exceptional service from friendly, attentive and knowledgeable servers, seek no more. Because Onyx Bar & Lounge possesses the answers to all of those inquiries. Located inside the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale Resort at Troon North, this unforgettable gathering spot will cure your cravings for perfectly-shaken martinis, creatively fashioned fare, and memorable service all inside (or outside) an intimate setting with views of the Sonoran landscape seemingly just within arm’s reach.
This alluring Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired space entices its guests with an array of temptations to soothe even the most tedious and trying day’s events. The menu encompasses creatively prepared culinary desires from fine wines to succulent inventive small plates to fine Cognacs and even that long awaited luxurious cigar if yearned for. It’s all at Onyx Bar & Lounge. All you are required to do is sit back, enjoy the view, breathe in the fresh air and take it all in.
We enjoyed a few flavorful bites inside the lounge on our last visit during the establishment’s Happy Hour. But this is not your ordinary Happy Hour. Here you are ushered into an environment of deep hues, back-lit slabs of onyx and a Southwestern-chic elegance all at once.
Goat Cheese Fritters
Lightly deep-fried crusted orbs of warmed goat cheese create an exemplary crunch on their exterior before biting into warm comforting goat’s cheese inside. Three to an order, these divine spheres of cheesy goodness are accompanied with a zesty pepper and drizzled with a sweet syrup for an unexpected flavor contrast.
Jicama Crab Tacos
The Jicama Crab Tacos were incredibly savory with their lump crab meat, fresh-cut avocado chunks, diced tomatoes, and jicama taco shells! Yes…no tortilla shells with these delectable carb-free temptations. The shells were made of sheets of sliced jicama and were fabulous as a replacement to traditional taco shells. I especially loved this facet of the presentation. It was the perfect solution to watching my carb intake, while not missing out on any of the outstanding flavor.
Carne Asada Nachos
Nachos can be either hit or miss with us. Yes, they’re nachos. However, THESE nachos are hearty, loaded with marinated tender chunks of beef, a sensational melty cheese that screams “delicious”, and a savory conglomeration of tastes created by the fresh-sliced colorful jalapeno peppers, ripe tomatoes, crunchy red onion and ample dollop of cool, refreshing sour cream atop crisp tortilla triangles.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Onyx Bar & Lounge. We even got the opportunity to speak to Chef Jesse Hansen in the bar about the goings on at the Scottsdale property. It was certainly a lovely experience, and a justified prequel to the lovely dinner we enjoyed later in the evening at the resort.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Almost rustic in a sense, yet upscale and chic enough to embrace you and coerce you into enjoying the evening either indoors beside the eye-catching, center-of-attention onyx-paneled bar or outdoors on the patio with scenic panoramic views of the Sonoran landscape.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fresh, creative presentations, inspiring flavors with a collection of savory libations that will leave you desiring more.
- LOCATION: Onyx Bar & Lounge is located adjacent to the main lobby inside the Four Seasons Resort at Troon North at 10600 East Crescent Moon Drive in Scottsdale, AZ 85262.
- HOURS: Onyx Bar & Lounge hosts its Happy Hour Sundays through Thursdays from 3PM – 7 PM, and also on Fridays an Saturdays from 3PM – 6 PM. Outside of Happy Hour, the lounge is open daily from 3 PM until 12 midnight, serving small plate bites until 11 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Without exception, attentive, observant, and knowlegable on all facets of the establishment, property, and menu items.
- PARKING: Valet service is available for guests of the resort and visiting patrons alike.
- CORKAGE FEE: Unfortunately, no outside alcohol is allowed at this establishment.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (480) 515-5700, Website: www.fourseasons.com/scottsdale/dining/lounges/onyx_bar_and_lounge/
- PARKING: Parking is taken care of by the resort’s valet service in front of the main entrance to the property.
- TOTAL BILL: Our total bill came in just over $45. However, that was only a lovely precursor to the fine dinner we enjoyed at Talavera restaurant next door later in the evening.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.