Commanding the competition for the last three years among Open Table’s ‘Diners’ Choice’ Awards for the top 50 restaurant with the ‘Most Scenic View’, Chart House restaurants have topped the polls as a whole across the country. Known for the gorgeous locations of these dining establishments and for their offerings of top-of-the-line fresh seafood and succulent cuts of beef, this chain of high quality restaurants has proven that it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Formerly the popular Charley’s Crab eatery, we found out just how amazing the Chart House on Hilton Head Island in the Lowcountry of scenic South Carolina truly is.
Above, the initial approach to the main entry of Chart House on Hilton Head Island. Such a picturesque and welcoming entrance between the colorful flowering beds of perennials, meandering landscaped walkways, audibly pleasing flowing fountains and a lagoon-like water feature with a waterfall…what a peaceful feeling before entering the building. I almost didn’t want to leave this haven of beauty, but my husband and I were both hungry, and finally went inside.
The Chart House menu offers a little something for everyone. From brunch omelets to entree salads of varying taste to unforgettable seafood and steaks to refreshing libations, you will not leave unsatisfied by either the menu selection, service or ambiance of this fine dining location. Speaking of ambiance, above, you can see just why Chart House locations are known for their picturesque sectors. Above, the stunning view of the Intracoastal Waterway was a serene sight while we dined on the outdoor patio for brunch this particular morning. Chilled Mimosas were served by a friendly waitress, and I snapped a few photos of the exterior patio from our table, the menu, and a butterfly resting atop a nearby hedge just inches from where we sat.
We also had the pleasure of meeting this little guy…
We’ll just call him ‘Chart’ for the purpose of this article. My husband and I joked that the restaurant should be called ‘Chart’s House’ in honor of this furry feline who was as friendly as could be, and kept us company on the patio. As avid animal lovers, Chart’s company was fully welcomed and we really enjoyed watching his playful demeanor! Also above, another view from the Chart House patio of an elongated wooden dock leading out to the watercraft anchored there.
My husband chose the Boston Omelet ($18.99), which is a brunch menu selection. This omelet is stuffed with hearty chunks of Maine lobster meat, creamy brie and fresh basil. Served with fresh seasonal fruit and breakfast potatoes, this was not only gratifying, but also as savory an omelet as my husband recalls ever enjoying…
Boston Omelet Interior
Above, you can see the inside of the Boston Omelet. Just oozing with fresh lobster meat and Brie cheese, enhanced with the fresh flavor and pop of green color from the basil encased by the fluffy flavorful egg coating…just sensational!
Asian Chicken Salad
I chose the Asian Chicken Salad ($12.99) for my brunch item. Loaded with tender juicy slices of chicken breast marinated in ponzu sauce, colorful mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, carrots, Mandarin orange sections and topped with crunchy tortilla strips then crowned with crisp rice noodles, this entree salad hit the spot. I loved how the rice noodles and tortills strips gave theis salad a healthy crunch, while the tender savory sliced chicken breast and flavors of the ponzu and ginger soy vinaigrette it was tossed in complimented everything?????
Peaceful, serene, well-maintained, and the perfect spot for brunch with the one you love. What more could we ask for on such a beautiful morning on the water.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Fine dining classic ambiance with a Lowcountry relaxed open feel. The motif is elegant with a modern touch and the outdoor patio is a memorable spot to enjoy any meal at this Chart House with its breathtaking expansive scenic views.
- FOOD / DRINK: Creative conglomerations of fresh and colorful ingredients, presentations that offer visual appeal, and lots of flavor make menu items worth returning for again.
- LOCATION: This Chart House is located at 2 Hudson Road on Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
- HOURS: Chart House is open for brunch on Sundays from 11 AM – 3 PM, and for lunch Monday through Saturday from 11 AM – 3 PM. Dinner is available Monday through Saturday from 3 Pm – 10 PM, then on Sundays from 3 PM – 5:30 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Our server was professional, courteous, and had the answers to our questions about the restaurant and the menu.
- PRICE / VALUE: Definitely an acceptable price for the value provided. Between the cuisine the service, and the overall ambiance with a stunning water view, we couldn’t have been happier.
- CORKAGE FEE: $20 per 750mL bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (843) 342-9066, Website: www.chart-house.com
- PARKING: Ample parking is available in an enormous lot in front of the establishment.
- TOTAL BILL: Our final bill for two Classic Mimosas, a Boston Omelet, and an Asian Chicken Salad came in just under $50 (including tax.)