Beneath the cover of numerous shady trees and located on charming Larchmont Boulevard amidst a multitude of quaint shops, local businesses and historic homes lies a thriving business within a hundred-year-old building called Larchmont Bungalow. One visit to this friendly neighborhood cafe and you’ll be as captivated as we were. This eco-friendly fully certified “green” establishment includes reclaimed wood flooring, incorporates biodegradable products into their daily business including coffee mugs made from corn that are recyclable, and allows for ample comfortable seating both indoors as well as outside on one of multiple inviting patios.
Caring for our environment as well as the community of Larchmont Village, manager and partner, Ken Bernard calls the abode “a living room for the neighborhood.” And he couldn’t have said it better in our opinion. Handwritten menus donning daily offerings from the kitchen on hanging chalkboards throughout, warm wood tones from the overhead trussed ceiling and reconditioned wood paneling beneath your feet, and even a cozy fireplace inside the cafe crate a welcoming environment for the perfect meal or live evening candlelit entertainment in front of the fire.
Originally built and operated as a commercial entity in the 1920s, this intriguing establishment has been offering an environmentally-friendly and loving touch to the public on Larchmont Boulevard since it’s opening in 2009. Four years later and it’s still going strong. Why wouldn’t it be. Between the artisan baked goods offered, the extensive multiple meal menu presented (including vegan and gluten-free options), one-of-a-kind house brewed coffees and teas, and the alluring ambiance this cafe emanates, there’s something available for most anyone who steps foot through the threshold of this eatery and neighborhood coffeehouse.
Aside from Larchmont Bungalow’s ever-popular all-day breakfast selections, my husband and I truly enjoyed a recent trip to the artisan cafe and bakery for lunch one lazy sunny afternoon. The tea was uncomparably fresh-tasting, invigorating and perfectly chilled over ice for us. My husband and I each enjoyed a large green variety of this beverage, and were satisfied by its coolness and clean flavor…
Fresh-Brewed Green Iced Tea
Traditional Tuna Melt with Side Salad
Above and below, the Traditional Tuna Melt ($12.95) was served with a side salad and was just oozing with flavorful tuna and cheddar cheese. My husband enjoyed this delicious conglomeration of savoriness, as did I. Certainly one of my favorite tuna melts ever, this sandwich was an experience to behold with the colorful crisp lettuce and crunchy bold-flavored chopped red pepper, sweet and tangy green apple, hearty honey-roasted cashews and taste awakening house vinaigrette dressing.
Traditional Tuna Melt With Side Salad
BBQ Pulled Pork Wrap with Sweet Potato Fries and a Fried Pickle
This stunning menu option (pictured above and below) was gratifying and every bite was particularly comforting to me. At first taste, the BBQ Pulled Pork Wrap ($12.95) sent flavors of tender pulled pork with a tangy sweet barbecue essence across my taste buds for an enthralling ride. I actually debated whether or not to finish it in its entirety, but resolved to take the second half home with me to enjoy and savor later in the evening. (Not bad with a nice glass of Cabernet, I might add!) The tender greens and creamy avocado in this wrap also added to the flavor experience, and the sweet potato fries and fried pickle were also well-received.
Aside from the fresh, lovingly-crafted meal options at this cafe, there is also the bakery part of it not to be overlooked. But we really don’t think you’ll be overlooking it. Upon entering the front door, a huge glass-encased dessert-filled display almost beckons you into its presence mischievously tempting you with a kaleidoscope of various colors, shapes and portions made of only the finest and freshest ingredients…
Larchmont Bunglalow’s Sinfully Savory Dessert Offerings
The perfect flaky croissant to accompany a cup of house-brewed artisan coffee? A moist blueberry-filled muffin? How about an intriguing-to-the-eye rainbow of fresh berries atop one of the Larchmont Bungalow’s sweet sensations with a tender graham cracker crust? Or maybe you’d prefer a few of the meticulously decorated and colorful savory cookies available…it’s all up to you. And it’s all available at Larchmont Bungalow.
Flaky Croissants, Berry-Topped Temptations & House-Baked Colorful Cookies
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Larchmont Bungalow. We look forward to returning for breakfast, dinner and some nightly fireside entertainment very soon!
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: The feel of Larchmont Bungalow is that of walking into the front door of a friend’s home…that of welcome invitation. The spacious interior allows for seating in multiple areas, while dining outdoors is another option not to be missed. Warm tones of color fill the entire establishment, while the aromas of freshly ground coffee and artisan baked goods carry themselves through the air tempting and luring patrons inside.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fresh fare is creative, enticing and sensationally delicious. Don’t be surprised if you return to the register to even take something home with you after your dining experience! Beverages are made with care and worth ordering more.
- LOCATION: Larchmont bungalow is located on the inviting stretch of Larchmont Village at 107 North Larchmont Boulevard in Los Angeles, CA 90094.
- HOURS: Open from 7:30 AM – 9 PM Sunday through Saturday, this cafe conveniently offers delectable beverages and tempting fare daily.
- SERVICE / STAFF: The staff showed only kindness, well-versed knowledge about the establishment and the menu, and seemed genuinely pleased to be there.
- PRICE / VALUE: At just $12.95 each for the Traditional Tuna Melt and the BBQ Pulled Pork Wrap, we were thrilled with the price. What we got for the money was delightful flavor, huge portions, and even leftovers to take home! A terrific value.
- CORKAGE FEE: No outside alcohol is permitted.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (323) 461-1528, Website: www.larchmontbungalow.com
- PARKING: Available parking is present along charming Larchmont Boulevard via metered spaces.
- TOTAL BILL: Our total bill came in under $36 for two iced teas, a Traditional Tuna Melt, and a BBQ Pulled Pork Wrap (including tax).
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.