Leoci’s Trattoria in charming Savannah, Georgia, encompasses a feel of family and a high standard of culinary accomplishment. If you’re in the mood for tremendous Italian cuisine in a cozy, spacious environment, this is the place to get it. First opened in 2009, this inviting eatery crafted by Chef Roberto Leoci started welcoming curious guests inside leaving them only to plan their next trip back. The curiosity was satisfied, and now more than three years after it’s grand opening, Leoci’s Trattoria still remains high on the totem pole of top restaurants in the city.
Serving lunch and dinner, Leoci’s Trattoria offers an array of delectable menu items designed and prepared with provincial ingredients. From wood-fired pizzas to sensational salads to homemade pastas to fabulous antipasti offerings to sweet temptations to round off the perfect meal, Chef Leoci has by far made an impressive mark on the community with his acquired talents and trademark skill in the Leoci’s Trattoria kitchen.
In the mood for a little Bocce? Why not try out the bocce ball courts at this establishment. Yes! Bocce ball at a fantastic Savannnah eatery! Additionally, free Wi-Fi is available, and the restaurant is also pet friendly, which we truly appreciate. Diners can also enjoy the al fresco ambiance on an outdoor deck large enough to seat sixty people that is heated during the cooler months. Large parties are welcome, and the restaurant welcomes special event gatherings by reservation. Catering availability also exists for all of your special occasions.
Recently awarded ‘Best Italian Restaurant’ and ‘Best Chef’ for 2012 by Connect Savannah, Leoci’s Trattoria has also pulled in other such acclamations such as being honored with the ”Best Chef’ winner again in 2011, as well as having numerous fine articles written about the establishment and the fine cuisine being served up to local and visiting patrons. You can view those on on the restaurant’s web site by clicking on the ‘In The Press’ menu option.
Leoci’s Trattoria also offers an extensive wine list, hence their non-allowance of outside bottles into the restaurant. From perfectly chilled whites to richly endowed reds to special ports and even brews and Sangrias, there is something you will enjoy no matter what your taste may be.
Chef Leoci admits to his desire to create a “world cuisine experience”. And that he most certainly executes in a meticulous and solid manner. Below are two lunch selections my husband and I chose from the appealing menu on our last trip to Leoci’s Trattoria…
House Made Bread Of The Day
To begin our dining experience, Chef Leoci sent out a basket of his house made bread of the day with a mouthwatering dish of rich extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for our dipping pleasure. There’s something that happens to a delicious piece of freshly baked sourdough bread when it’s dredged through a fine conglomeration such as this. Taste buds suddenly cheer as if they have been awaiting that moment for a lifetime and happiness ensues because of it…
Tuscan Grilled Chicken Panini
My husband’s selection for lunch was the Tuscan Grilled Chicken Panini ($9). Grilled Chicken Breast, Romaine Lettuce and House Caesar Dressing atop grilled house made bread that definitely left an impression on my husband. I especially loved the simplistic decoration of this dish. Not too over the top, yet simple and elegant enough to impress. The tender grilled chicken inside mixed with the crunchy lettuce and savory dressing was delightful as well…
Pan Seared Roasted Squab on a Bed of Arugula Salad
I decided on the special of this particular day, which to my satisfaction was a pan seared roasted squab highlighted by an arugula salad ($13). Nearly a work of art visually, when I tasted the tenderness of the squab with its delicate seasoning, I knew I had ordered the perfect item. A couple of glasses of Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay affirmed that we had most definitely gone to the right place for our afternoon meal.
Dont forget to visit Leoci’s Trattoria’s web site for aditional information, menus and wine list offerings as well as Chef Leoci’s popular Vidalia Onion Relish, Raspberry Jalapeno Jam, Sweet Baby Beets and namesake coffee…all available to order from the comfort of your own computer!
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Trendy Italian motif with a warm and welcoming feel both indoor and on the expansive spacious outdoor deck.
- FOOD / DRINK: Perfection and intrigue come to mind here. We don’t think anyone could possibly go wrong dining at Leoci’s Trattoria.
- LOCATION: Leoci’s Trattoria is located at 606 Abercorn Avenue Street in Savannah, GA 31401.
- HOURS: Hours of operation extend daily Monday through Sunday from Noon to close.
- SERVICE / STAFF: We experienced pleasant service by our waitress who engaged us in conversation and informed us about the establishment.
- PRICE / VALUE: Suitable prices allow for a terrific value at Leoci’s Trattoria.
- CORKAGE: No outside alcohol is allowed due to the restaurant’s extensive wine list.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (912) 335-7027, Website: www.leocis.com
- PARKING: Private parking is available for customers behind the establishment.
- TOTAL BILL: Our final bill for the Tuscan Grilled Chicken Panini, the Pan Seared Roasted Squab and two glassed of Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay brought our total to just under $50 for everything (including tax).
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.