My husband is constantly in meetings that require a lot of his time. Of course, I tend to benefit from accompanying him on his away-from-home trips and wind up writing about those experiences in the process. For the the last eleven months, he has had meetings with clients in Studio City, CA where in between, before, and after crucial meetings, we have met at M Street Coffee, among other establishments, on the corner of Moorpark Street and Longridge Avenue to spend time together. We usually enjoy M Street Coffee’s Berry White Iced Tea in the warm afternoons, or the hot version in the as-of-late cooler evenings, and my husband always enjoys the consistently fresh blueberry muffins. He eats the muffins…I may take a bite now and then. They’re really good. I especially like the Almond Croissants….sinfully delicious and equally beautiful to the eye as well!
Longridge Avenue, which runs along the side of M Street Coffee is lined with towering palms, while carefully cared for lemon trees in large planters create a calming outdoor feeling when sitting at any of the cafe tables along the sidewalk. I especially love the engraving in the concrete right outside the side door of the venue (see below). Owner Andrea McClain has really devised quite a spectacular venue for the community here at M Street Coffee. Overseeing the smooth and seamless coffee shop and gallery, she has proven that simple coffee house pleasures are attainable here. That easy afternoons sitting with someone you care about over a couple of cups of a favorite coffee or tea are reachable in this crazy and unforgivable world we live in. That even if just for a few moments in time, one can in fact stop for a few minutes and realize that moments in life like this are precious and should never go unrealized or unforgotten.
M Street coffee and its staff pride themselves on their Eco-friendly nature. Caring for the environment we live in is a step everyone can take and additionally benefit from in many ways. The process of taking advantage of recyclable products that are used at M Street Coffee, organic coffees and teas, and other such items make an impressionable mark on the world we live in. Besides the Eco-friendliness here, the coffee is what brings people in the droves to this quaint neighborhood coffee bar with organic coffee beans. Whether you’re in the mood for Cafe’ au Lait, Espresso, Machiato, Latte, Cocoa, Matcha Latte, Chai Latte, Blended coffee drinks, Whole leaf tea Latte, brewed black, green, white, Oolong or herbal varieties of tea, fruit smoothies or loose leaf teas, M Street Coffee has what you’re looking for.
About those blueberry muffins my husband loves so much at M Street Coffee…well, here’s a photo of that below along with pictures of some of the other locally baked tempting sweet treats. Oh, and there are several gluten-free and vegan treats available as well…
Windowpane Sugar Cookie
Lemon Pound Cake
I usually work on articles for SavorHour.com, or work on my writing, or just read something that takes me away from the daily grind (no pun intended!) On many occasions, my husband has completed business deals on the phone while sitting in front of me…which I love watching. It gives me inspiration for my writing! M Street Coffee offers a 2-hour free window of Wi-Fi access with a simple code that is printed out when you purchase your favorite coffee, tea, smoothie, soda or other delectable item from the main counter inside the establishment.
We have enjoyed sitting indoors on many occasions when we first discovered this refuge from the real world. Over time, we started seating ourselves outside at one of the several umbrella-shaded bistro tables along the sidewalk. After about 1 PM, the Longridge side of the building is shaded from the harsh rays and heat from the sun and a gentle breeze offers a substantial refreshing coolness as the day transforms from afternoon to evening.
Space rental is also available at M Street Coffee for filming, business meetings, parties, piano concerts, gallery showings, fundraisers and acoustic music presentations just to name a few. There are several events ongoing, however, that you should know about. Meditation classes are held at the coffee shop after hours for $10 per person on Mondays from 7 PM – 8 PM. Poetry readings are held every third Thursday of the month, and the sessions are aptly titled “The Spoken Poem”, where fans of open mic night for poets and musicians can come together and share their craft. Area artists’ works are also showcased inside the establishment, and there is a rotating featured gallery on the inside walls as well. To see which artist is being featured at any given time, take a peek at M Street Coffee’s website to view who is being showcased.
DRY Cucumber Soda
So maybe the ‘M’ in the name of this delightful coffee shop stands for Moorpark, or maybe it’s the owner’s last name. We think it stands for “Mmmmmmm…”, and “More, please!'”, and for the memories that are made there and remembered for a lifetime.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Inside, this neighborhood coffee shop welcomes patrons with several seating options as well as outdoor availability at bistro tables shaded by towering palm trees and umbrellas overhead.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fresh delectable muffins, croissants and other baked goodies from area bakeries as well as organic coffees and teas.
- LOCATION: M Street Coffee is located at 13251 Moorpark Street (on the corner of Longridge Avenue and is one block east of Fulton Avenue) in Sherman Oaks, CA 91423.
- HOURS: Monday through Fridays from 7 AM – 6 PM, and Saturdays and Sundays from 8 AM – 5 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Andrea, Jennifer and Christine are always kind and generously assisting with anything one may need. These baristas know a thing or two about coffee and tea!
- PRICE / VALUE: Great prices for organic local coffee beans and teas, fresh baked temptations, fruity smoothies, and other unique items inside at the counter.
- CORKAGE FEE: No outside alcohol allowed here. It’s a coffee house!
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (818) 907-1400, Website: www.mstreetcoffee.com
- PARKING: Metered parking is available along Moorpark as well as Longridge Avenues. Several regulars also ride their bicycles to the coffee bar and lock those up at the available post just outside M Street Coffee.
- TOTAL BILL: It’s a coffee house, so it just depends on what you’re ordering. Our bill for a couple of cups of tea and a couple of snacks is usually around $12 per visit or around that amount.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.