Along the busy corridor of the Third Street Promenade and Arizona Avenue in Santa Monica, there is Locanda del Lago. A welcoming and inviting lunch location that is enjoyed by many. On a recent trip to this venue, some friends and I enjoyed some light fare here during a day of shopping and visiting…
The fresh baked crunchy bread served here is wonderful. Presented with a bit of olive oil, it’s a terrific beginning to a delightful meal…
We began with two orders of the Tartara Di Tonno…the Ahi Tuna Tartar made with Lone Ranch Farms avocado, red onion, a creamy balsamic dressing and kept company by a few plantain chips, which were mildly sweet in flavor…
Tartara Di Tonno
All but one of us ordered salads. I chose the Insalata Di Pollo Con Funghi. This is a salad of market greens, sliced chicken breast and a warm mushroom dressing. I wanted to change things up a bit, so I had the chicken replaced by Tiger Shrimp for $5 more and asked that the Parmesan Pizza Bread that normally comes with this dish to not be added. The result was a perfectly light shrimp salad with no carbs mixed with a sumptuous flavorsome dressing…
Insalata Di Pollo Con Funghi (With Tiger Shrimp In Place of the Chicken)
Below, one of my friends selected the Insalata Rucola e Parmigiano. Fresh Arugula, market cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and a creamy lemon dressing…
Insalata Rucola e Parmigiano
An additional salad creation chosen at our table was the original Insalata Di Pollo Con Funghi, which included market greens, sliced chicken breast and a warm mushroom dressing topped by chunks of avocado coupled with a few slices of Locanda del Lago’s Parmesan Pizza Bread.
Insalata Di Pollo Con Funghi
Finally, the last order from our table was for the Spaghetti Verdi, which was served with large shrimp and a warm mushroom sauce. Of course, it was topped with a mountain of freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese!
Even the bill was presented to us in its own wooden boat…so creative!
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: A fun festive environment with available patio dining options in front of the establishment. Our party sat outside and had a wonderful experience!
- FOOD / DRINK: Healthy refreshing salads, hearty homemade pasta, sensational Ahi tuna tartar and a sensational wine list.
- LOCATION: Locanda del Lago is located at 231 Arizona Avenue in Santa Monica, CA 90401.
- HOURS: Open for lunch and dinner Sunday through Wednesdays from 11:30 AM – 10:30 PM and on on Fridays and Saturdays from 11:30 AM – 11:00 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Friendly and efficient service was provided by our server.
- PRICE / VALUE: Acceptable prices for the quality and convenience of the restaurant’s location in Santa Monica.
- CORKAGE FEE: $20 per bottle
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (310) 451-3525, Website: www.lagosantamonica.com
- PARKING: Valet parking for the restaurant is available nightly during dinner service, while the Santa Monica city parking structures nearby are available during lunch offerings.
- TOTAL BILL: Our bill was over $100 due to our ordering a bottle of wine from the restaurant on top of the two Tuna Tartar appetizers, three salads and a dish of pasta. Worth the splurge? Indeed!
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.