Santa Fe, New Mexico is home to an eclectic mix of artistry, creativity and inventiveness. Visitors and residents alike enjoy such visions of talent as folk art, bronze sculptures you wouldn’t believe, intricate pottery, colorful handmade rugs and a wealth of other items throughout this unique city. As the fourth largest city in the state of New Mexico founded in 1610, and the oldest capitol in the United States, it also hosts the locale for an incredible locals favorite in terms of cuisine 7,000 feet above sea level. The proof of that lies in Santacafe…
A fine dining icon of the city of Santa Fe since 1983, Santacafe’ prides itself on its popular American cuisine with a Southwestern flair. Pleasing locals and tourists alike for the last twenty-nine years shows that this culinary landmark has a strong hold on its place in the community.
We enjoyed a couple of glasses of Pinot Noir before our selected choices from the menu arrived at our table via a generous and friendly server. We dined at an outdoor table lit by candlelight on a beautiful evening.
The crusty bread that was served with a small ramekin of creamy butter was a delightful start to our meal…
Ahi Tuna Tartare
We thoroughly delighted in the Ahi Tuna Tartare which was served with miso, wasabi and soy…the presentation was simply stunning!
Anchiote Marinated Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon
I chose the Anchiote Marinated Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon. This dish was served with saffron, Israeli couscous, pea sprouts, baby bok choy and Tobiko caviar in a tasty buerre blanc sauce. I loved that this fish was light, yet filling. The delicious melding of tastes when enjoyed was a treat and I wound up eating every bite.
Pan Seared Free Range Chicken Breast
My husband elected to pick the Pan Seared Free Range Chicken Breast presented with a sweet corn polenta cake, pancetta, Shiitake mushrooms, fresh sage and vermouth. The chicken breast was cooked to perfection, while the creamy polenta cake beneath it was tasteful and was a nice compliment to the chicken with the delectable sauce and pancetta surrounding it. Flavored just right, this selection was definitely a memorable one for us.
Above, our views of the outdoor courtyard, the table where we dined and a view looking back from our table toward the front door of the restaurant.
All things considered, Santacafe’ proved to follow its popular reputation of displaying to its patrons its excellence in cuisine and service in an upscale, yet not stuffy atmosphere with a charming downtown location. On our next trip to Santa Fe, we will definitely add this beautiful dining establishment to our list of venues to return to.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: This local’s favorite has a storied past and a charming outdoor courtyard with towering ages-old trees and a romantic allure.
- FOOD / DRINK: First class cuisine served at this popular dining venue. Fresh produce and main dishes, savory sauces and an all around incredible culinary experience.
- LOCATION: Santacafe’ is located at 231 Washington Avenue in Santa Fe, NM 87501.
- HOURS: Santacafe’ is open from 5:30 PM on for dinner.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Exceptional service by the Santacafe’ staff. We were left to enjoy our meal, but also checked on frequently without being given the feeling that we were being rushed.
- PRICE / VALUE: Amazing cuisine for an equally amazing price. We felt the value for what we were asked to pay was extremely reasonable.
- CORKAGE FEE: No outside alcohol allowed.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (505) 984-1788. Website: www.santacafe.com
- PARKING: Complimentary parking is available in the accessible lot adjacent to the establishment.
- TOTAL BILL: Our toal bill was under $100 (including tax), which included two nice glasses of Pinot Noir, the Ahi Tuna Tartare appetizer, the Anchiote Marinated Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon and the Pan Seared Free Range Chicken Breast.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.