Another incredible dinner location in Miami is Truluck’s. Just over the bridge from Brickell Key sits one of the most consistent upscale chain restaurants specializing in steaks, seafood, and especially Florida Stone Crab Claws. If you haven’t had the opportunity to visit a Truluck’s restaurant, then you haven’t experienced how positively life-changing it can be. Since our stop there, we haven’t been the same since! (In a good way!)
It was our first evening in Miami. We were tired, had been traveling all day, and just wanted a good meal somewhere close to our hotel. Fortunately, the hotel Concierge guided us to Truluck’s. What an amazing start to our visit to Miami…
Upon our arrival, we noticed this towering tree above in the front of the restaurant. It was so beautiful and unique, I snapped a quick photo of it to include in this review…
Everywhere you look in this establishment, there are towering clear glass vases filled with underwater pink orchids…so stunning…
We started with Champagne. Our flight was not the easiest, so we decided to settle our nerves and relax with a few drinks while we perused the extensive menu…
The fresh-baked bread that was brought to us with our beverages was prepared without flaw, soft on the inside and crusty on the outer perimeter…
Known for their Florida Stone Crab Claws, we opted for four of the medium-sized portions for a starter…
Florida Stone Crab Claws
We shared one of Truluck’s Wedge Salads. It was crisp, chilled, and had the perfect amount of Bleu Cheese Dressing, fresh crisp bits of bacon and chunks of fresh Bleu Cheese!
Truluck’s Wedge Salad
We both finally decided on our entrees. My husband chose the Miso-Glazed Sea Bass…South Georgian Chilean Sea Bass served with crab-fried rice and a chilled cucumber slaw below…
Miso-Glazed Sea Bass
Below, I chose the Alaskan Halibut Pontchartrain Style with lightly blackened Halibut, crawfish, gulf shrimp, and Blue Crab in a piquante Creole cream sauce…
Alaskan Halibut Pontchartrain Style
We also indulged in a side order of their Blue Crab and Lobster Mac and Cheese below!
Blue Crab & Lobster Mac & Cheese
And though we didn’t eat it at the restaurant, we were convinced to take a slice of the Carrot Cake back to our hotel in a “to go” box. That proved to be a very good idea! I have proclaimed this carrot cake the BEST CARROT CAKE ever thus far!
Truluck’s Famous Carrot Cake
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: We were really WOWED by the presentation, ambiance, relaxing interior, modern steakhouse-style booths and sense of peacefulness here.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fresh chilled sweet Stone Crab claws, crisp refreshing and colorful Wedge Salad piled high with crunchy bacon and mounds of Blue Cheese chunks, out of this world Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass, delicious Pontchartrain Sauce and THE best carrot cake I ever have had, and probably ever WILL have in my life!
- LOCATION: Truluck’s is located at 777 Brickell Avenue in Miami, FL 33131.
- HOURS: Serving 5 PM – 10 PM Sunday through Thursday, and 5 PM – 11 PM Fridays and Saturdays.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Professional, great personalities and attitudes, always smiling and genuinely get their guests in a better mood than they were in before they walked into the establishment!
- PRICE / VALUE: No pondering this at all. You simply get what you pay for here. And that amounts to a lot!
- CORKAGE FEE: Outside bottles are not allowed inside of this Truluck’s location, however there is a wide selection of fine wines in-house.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (305) 579-0035, Website: www.trulucks.com
- PARKING: Valet parking is available at the front of Truluck’s for your convenience.
- TOTAL BILL: We spent just under $220 including tax, but the experience was well worth the expenditure. Will we visit Truluck’s again in the future? Absolutely we will!
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.