A short distance from the Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park along the Beaufort River in downtown Beaufort, South Carolina sits Wren Bistro. A restaurant, wine bar and market, this trendy upscale eatery will satisfy anyone who steps foot inside.
The exterior of the corner bistro is in a word…charming. Just as it’s host town of Beaufort is. The simple white building facade highlighted by tall palm trees and creative signs just welcomes you inside. Located on popular Carteret and Port Republic Street, this location is easy to find, worth the drive if you live in surrounding areas and will leave you speechless with their superior tact, professional and friendly service and impressive appetizing offerings and general setting.
No detail was left out when Wren Bistro’s owners thought about a design concept for their new establishment. Above, the elongated comforting full bar, a retail area of the restaurant offering wines and other gourmet goodies, Wren Bistro’s signature logo, dining room window ledges lined with decorative candles, a huge wooden adirondack-style chair and a few of the tables in front of the bar. Certainly very eclectic, well thought-out items of decorative interest, and most definitely all are terrific conversation pieces!
We started out lunch by being seated near a large window that offered a view of the busy town street and the rustling palm trees right outside. Menus and iced water were then given to us as we started to peruse our meal options.
Above, the Mango Iced Tea is a “must-order”. If you enjoy southern sweet tea, this mango-flavored refreshing beverage is mandatory to enjoy. We also enjoyed the Tablatine Martini made with vodka, lemongrass-infused pineapple juice, fresh squeezed lemon juice and fresh pineapple. The epitome of a perfect cocktail!
Lobster & Shellfish Bisque
The Lobster and Shellfish Bisque was scrumptious! Made with jumbo lump crab meat in a shrimp and lobster sherry-laced bisque. Superior taste, mouthwatering and an incredible starter to any meal at Wren Bistro.
Okay, this is my favorite lunch item at Wren bistro. If you love a really good gyro sandwich, this is the place for that. I can’t remember how many times I’ve ordered this gyro sandwich for lunch. At least eight or nine times in the last year. Really. This sandwich is THAT good. Wren Bistro’s Greek Wrap includes mildly-spiced lean lamb, tangy feta cheese, an out-of-this-world tzatziki sauce, fresh lettuce and tomato and onion all carefully wrapped in a soft pita. Definitely an enjoyable experience!
Another favorite of ours is the Southwest Salad below. This expertly-prepared vibrant dish consists of grilled chicken, roasted corn and peppers, black beans, avocado, tortilla strips and cheddar and monterey cheeses.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Upscale, yet Lowcountry. High end, yet casual and relaxing. Sophisticated with a southern feel.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fresh large salads, creamy mouthwatering soups, savory lamb sandwiches and perfect martinis expertly blended with care.
- LOCATION: Wren Bistro is located at 210 Carteret Street in Beaufort, SC 29902.
- HOURS: Wren Bistro is open for business Monday through Saturday for lunch from 11 AM to 3 PM, an “In Between” Menu from 3 PM to 5 PM, and for dinner from 5PM until 10PM. The restaurant is closed on Sundays.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Always friendly, conversational and very efficient.
- PRICE / VALUE: Terrific! We’ve always been happy when we’ve visited Wren Bistro!
- CORKAGE FEE: $10 per bottle during lunch, “In Between” time, and dinner.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (843) 524-9463, Website: www.wrenbistroandbar.com
- TOTAL BILL: Our lunches never exceeded more than $35 for both of us including cocktails, tea, salads and other items on the multifarious menu at Wren Bistro.