When in Atlanta, you simply cannot pass up a dining experience at Veni Vidi Vici. Located in Atlanta’s theater and Midtown Business District, this eatery has developed itself into one of the finest Italian hot spots in the city. The name, Veni Vidi Vici was seemingly penned by Julius Caesar around 49 BC which translates to, “I came, I saw, I conquered.” Supposedly a statement of opinion pertaining to a brief battle he was engaged in with Pharnaces II of Pontus. (A little history for those of our readers who appreciate a little background!) Originally opened in 1990, Executive Chef Jamie Adams joined the culinary team at Veni Vidi Vici in 1993, and has since been delighting anticipating patrons with his impassioned love of culinary creativity.
As a major feature in the line-up of Buckhead Life Restaurant Group’s extremely successful eateries throughout Atlanta, Veni Vidi Vici owns the rights to a plethora of awards and accreditations spanning from the likes of Gourmet Magazine, Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Magazine, Wine Spectator, and many more. We can attempt to convince our readers all day of this restaurant’s many reasons for its numerous accolades, but until you try it for yourself, you won’t truly comprehend the many reasons why this establishment is loved by so many.
Above, the entrance to the restaurant shows off a stand displaying empty wine bottles beside a table of the venue’s business cars and literature. And we especially enjoyed the wreaths of garlic hanging from the chandeliers overhead as we dined, the Veni Vidi Vici menu proclaiming its excellent tantalizing Italian offerings, and the preview kitchen where all the action occurs in the main dining room of the establishment.
Expertly hand-shaken martinis are prepared and dispersed from the bar, while the wine options here are numerous. We enjoyed a few martinis, a little red wine, and a little white wine with our meal on this particular occasion. In fact, the restaurant prides itself on its ’40 Under $40′ wine promotion…daily from 5 PM – 10 PM, you can choose from forty select bottles of Vini Vidi Vici’s wine collection, each one under $40! Additionally, you can opt for the quartino (a glass and a half) of a select wine during the same hours every day for the price of one glass!
We enjoyed the Agnolotti dish, which was a ravioli creation of rotisserie meats and delicious Fontina cheese with brown sugar and pecans. Not light, but definitely well worth the additional calories to indulge in this savory, hearty pasta entree.
Wood roasted stuffed salmon, roasted tomato risotto, crispy onions, balsamic syrup…all the ingredients for the makings of a sensational salmon entree. The sweet crispy onions, zesty and wholesome flavor of the tomatoes and perfectly prepared tasteful fresh salmon came together in a symphony of melodic and memorable tastes.
Time for a little something sweet and savory…time for a little dessert for the table! Below, this stunning and delectable trio of crisp cookies was fashioned into a sandwich layered with a savory creamy filling then topped with a berry compote, a sprinkling of confectioner’s sugar then garnished with a bright green sprig of mint.
Triple Cookie Dessert
Veni Vidi Vici is one of our Top Ten venues to dine in Atlanta. We know you will enjoy your experience as well. Don’t forget, there’s also weekend jazz Fridays and Sundays from 7 PM – 10 PM by local musician Sal Gentile. And on’t forget about the ’40 Under $40′ wine promotion offering any of a list of select bottles under $40, or simply choose a quartino (glass and 1/2) for the price of a single serving! Wine specials, tasting options, fine quality Italian cuisine and specialty service is what you’ll find at Veni Vidi Vici in the heart of Atlanta, with a heart of its own in terms of fantastic Italian dishes, creative culinary presentation, exemplary service and a memorable experience.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Upscale elegance is displayed by means of most everything at Veni Vidi Vici. From the open preview kitchen with its viewable exposed stainless steel kitchen vent climbing up the wall above the open area to the fashionable immense welcoming bar area to the comforting seating selection..there’s nothing that was forgotten in terms of comfort, decor or ambiance at this establishment.
- FOOD / DRINK: Chef Jamie Adams excels in the Veni Vidi Vici kitchen preparing handcrafted sensational pastas, rotisserie fare and exemplary confections all focused around the flavorsome and visual pleasure of his dining patrons.
- LOCATION: Veni Vidi Vici is located in Atlanta’s Midtown Business District at 41 14th Street in Atlanta, GA 30309.
- HOURS: Restaurant hours of operation include lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30 AM – 3 PM. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 3 PM – 10 PM, Fridays from 3 PM – 11 PM, Saturdays from 5 PM – 11 PM, and on Sundays from 5 PM – 10 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Each visit to Veni Vidi Vici, we were honored with kind, friendly, knowledgeable servers with cheerful attitudes and a gracious demeanor.
- PRICE / VALUE: Depending on what is ordered and the number of diners in your party, the price, of course, will vary. However, we have always felt satisfied with the quality of the service, cuisine, and overall ambiance this restaurant offers.
- CORKAGE FEE: $15 per 750mL bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (404) 875-8424, Website: www.buckheadrestaurants.com
- PARKING: Self and Valet parking is available in the One Atlantic Building Parking Deck nearby.
- TOTAL BILL: Our final bill came in just a hair over $120 for four glasses of wine, a martini, two entrees and a dessert. A certain deal, a definite spot for a terrific dinner, and all the quality and value one could expect to receive from such a fine Italian eatery in the heart of Atlanta.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.