On a business trip to Palm Beach, Florida, my husband and I decided to try out the hotel’s main restaurant, quite simply called The Restaurant. After a full day of meetings, my husband just wanted to relax and stay in-house. So we did. The Restaurant was an excellent choice. The atmosphere was relaxed, elegant and private despite the size of the beautifully-appointed expanse. The hostess gave us a gentle smile, welcoming us in, and showed us to a table next to a towering floor-to-ceiling arched window over-looking the outside patio where we requested to be seated for dinner.
We were not unfamiliar with Four Season’s dining reputation. Having had previously dined at the Four Seasons in Atlanta GA, Las Vegas NV and Scottsdale AZ, we were anticipating great things from this locale as well. We were not disappointed by any means.
If there’s one thing that has always stood out with me regarding the Four Seasons Resorts besides their excellent cuisine and strict attention to detail in serving their guests, it’s the fact that they’ve always possessed a seamlessly unflawed articulation in the art of crafting breathtaking arrangements of massive sprays of flowers. Below, in the restaurant entry, fresh changes of their main flower arrangement were changed out every other day. Beautiful sprays of these colorful flora abound around the property in the lobby, guest suites, dining facilities and ballrooms enhancing an already meticulously stunning environment.
The ambiance of The Restaurant is beachy with an elegant connotation focused on creating a comforting inviting environment for their hungry sojourners. The chef’s skilled presentations and preparations of the cuisines offered ranged from traditional comfort foods to beautifully executed fresh seafood fare enhanced with an artistic flair not only to stimulate the palate, but also the visual and olfactory observance of the restaurant’s diners.
Well-dressed poised servers arrived promptly at out table side, greeting us and providing menus of the evenings edible selections freshly prepared by Chef Darryl Moiles. Known for The Restaurant’s American delicacies and seafood delights, we were not surprised by the quality, presentation and preparation that went into each of the dishes we ordered.
Above, we enjoyed a crisp glass of Chardonnay and a freshly-mixed Mojito before ordering. Below, a bread and cracker basket was presented to us with two distinct buttery hummus spreads.
The Tomato Basil soup below was flavorful and not too filling that we didn’t have room left for our entrees. Large enough to share between two people, this was a perfect starter.
Tomato Basil Soup
Braised Beef Brisket
Above, my husband and I debated over who was going to get what betwen the Braised Beef Brisket entree and the Soft Shell Crab dish below. We wound up getting them both and sharing them with one another.
Soft Shell Crab Entree
On our second of three nights at the hotel,we opted to leave the property and venture into the city for dinner, but our third and final evening there, we returned to The Restaurant in the hotel once again for dinner…
Burger “Beef” Sandwich
We chose their Burger Beef sandwich on an onion roll with melted cheese, lettuce, tomato and a savory tomato-based Aioli with fries, and the below Penne Pasta Bolognese on our second visit to the restaurant during our stay.
Penne Pasta Bolognese
What meal is complete without a sweet ending? A couple of cups of coffee and a trio of ice creams (pistachio, mango and Dulce de Leche) with fresh seasonal fruit was the perfect conclusion to two perfect dinners!
Ice Cream & Fresh Seasonal Berries
I loved that the waiters place your leftovers on nearby stools made especially for that purpose beside you at the table!
Our trip was complimented by two fantastic dining experiences at The Restaurant at the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach. We highly suggest visiting this establishment so you too can experience the excellent creativeness in the kitchen of Chef Darryl Moiles and his culinary team.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Elegant beachfront location beautified by coffered ceilings, tall columns along the restaurant walls, and cool tones welcome you in as you arrive for your evening feast.
- FOOD / DRINK: Exceptional fare, visually stimulating presentation and savory memorable flavors are combined together for an amazing culinary experience.
- LOCATION: The Restaurant is located at the Four Seasons Resort at 2800 South Ocean Boulevard in Palm Beach FL, 33480
- HOURS: The Restaurant is available for dining every day between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. The restaurant bar is also open daily between 4:30 PM and 11 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Impeccable service, courteous hostesses and an all-around terrific feeling of appreciation.
- PRICE / VALUE: Well worth the splurge, well worth the trip and well worth the experience!
- CORKAGE FEE: $25 per bottle
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (561) 533-3750, Website: www.fourseasons.com/palmbeach/dining/restaurants/the_restaurant/
- PARKING: We were staying in the hotel for a few days, so the hotel valet had possession of our vehicle, but if you are stopping in for dinner at the hotel, valet will be happy to take care of your vehicle for you while you dine.
- TOTAL BILL: Our total bill per night (including tax), averaged between about $112 and $76. That included items such as Mojitos, Chardonay, Pellegrino, coffee, dessert, soup, and four main entrees. However, one person could easily dine here for under $50 including tax) if wanted.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.