Another favorite dinner location after a day in the wine country is Petros in charming Los Olivos. Located inside Fess Parker’s Wine Country Inn & Spa, the Californian-Hellenic cuisine is a refreshing change to the typical evening fare in the area.
The approach to this Grand Avenue location in Los Olivos is warm and inviting. We arrived for dinner before sunset after visiting several wineries in the Santa Ynez Valley…
The main dining room of Petros is beautifully adorned with light-colored woods, earth-toned fabrics and metallic details such as copper condiment holders and napkin rings…
Fresh artisan bread that was freshly baked for us was presented with a dipping olive oil and a tasty hummus spread below…
Below,we ordered the Spanakopita for a starter. It was delicious! With a house-made flaky phyllo exterior, it was stuffed with spinach, feta cheese, fresh dill and green onions complimented by a few olives and creamy tzatziki…
Above and below, I chose the Moussaka dish for my entree. Perfectly crisped above, then tender and succulent on the inside after I revealed it’s scrumptious filling below, this classic Greek selection is creted by combining eggplant, ground beef, tomatoes and a homemade Bechamel sauce served “village style” right in the dish it was cooked in.
Below, my husband elected to go with the Grilled Lamb Sandwhich. Tender and savory slow-cooked lamb with caramelized onions, tomatoes, arugula, whole grain mustard and crumbled goat cheese served on a delightful ciabatta bread with a side of arugula salad.
Grilled Lamb Sandwich
The light of the roaring fireplace above in the Petros dining room reflected against the light knotty pine wood floors. Such a cozy romantic place for an early dinner…below, the Petros sign after dark…
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Culinary delights will invite you to linger a bit longer than you originally thought you might have at this beautifully-designed dining establishment. Beautiful light-hued woods, earth tones, roaring fireplaces and a comfortable setting.
- FOOD / DRINK: If you’re in the mood for Californian-Greek cuisine, this is the place for it!
- LOCATION: Petros is situated inside the Fess Parker Wine Country Inn & Spa at 2860 Grand Avenue in Los Olivos, CA 93441.
- HOURS: Open for lunch daily from 11 AM to 5 PM, Petros is also available for dinner weekdays from 5 PM – 9 PM, then on weekends from 5 PM – 10;30/11 PM depending on the business of the eatery.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Friendly, helpful, outgoing and knowledgeable.
- PRICE / VALUE: You’ll certainly receive what you pay for at this upscale, yet casual divine dining location.
- CORKAGE FEE: Petros accepts outside bottles of wine for a $15 corkage charge per bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (805) 686-5455, Website: www.fessparkerinn.com
- PARKING: Available parking is located on Grand Avenue and along the side streets in the area.
- TOTAL BILL: Arriving just under $72 (including having wine with dinner), we were satisfied that Petros in Los Olivos is worth the splurge!
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.