In the heart of Midtown in Atlanta, Georgia, Ecco exists. With its distinct marble floors, huge bar and lounge area, open-view kitchen and modern sophistication, this upscale casual establishment offers delectable cuisine with a heavy European influence that you will wish you had experienced before this moment…
Upon entering Ecco’s massive glass entry, we could see the open exhibition kitchen with its staff rushing around behind the counter as they prepared excellent culinary creations for their attending patrons for the evening…
Huge slices of freshly-baked crusty bread are supplied to the table shortly after guests are seated. A square porcelain container of chilled butter is served to accompany that…
The below photo is of Ecco’s Fried Goat Cheese. Orbs of lightly-fried heaps of creamy goat cheese coated in drizzles of sweet honey and cracked black pepper. It just melts in your mouth…
Fried Goat Cheese
This refreshing salad with cucumbers, green and red tomatoes, yellow bell pepper and fresh herbs was marinated in a delicious olive oil along with the scrumptious crunchy croutons mixed in. What a lovely idea to mix everything together, toss in a few crunchy croutons, then marinate it all in olive oil. The result…crunchy, happy goodness on a plate. I almost recreated this dish at home…in fact, I got pretty close, but it’s always better at Ecco!
Marinated Salad With Garlic Croutons & Vegetables In a Succulent Olive Oil Coating
If you get the chance to dine at Ecco, this is a must-have…the Roasted Piquillo Peppers stuffed with braised short rib and a succulent sauce that will make you desire more…
Roasted Piquillo Peppers
A favorite among locals at Ecco, (oh wait…they’re all favorites), is their Wood-Fired San Marzano Pizza with fresh tomatoes, house-made mozzarella and flavorsome basil…
Wood-Fired San Marzano Pizza
The next photo is of Ecco’s incredible Roasted Beets With Orange and Thyme. My husband loved it, and me…well, I’m not a lover of beets, but this dish changed my mind. Sweetened by fresh seasonal oranges and topped with pistachios, I almost forgot there were beets in this wonderful offering. The vibrant bold color of this selection was stunning…
Roasted Beets With Orange and Thyme
Fine ribbons of Fettuccine created the base for the below pasta dish topped with a kale and tomato mixture marinated in a delicious savory flavorful sauce that tied everything together in a perfect package…
Fettuccine Special With a Kale and Tomato Marinade
I loved the presentation of the tender chicken breast dish below…
Roasted Free-Range Chicken Breast
The Roasted Free-Range Chicken Breast served with steamed greenbeans was tender and succulent, and was presented in its own savory juices. No need for creamy sauces with this dish! It’s natural flavor enhanced by fresh herbs in the kitchen was just perfect.
Blueberry Mint Sorbet
For a simple and light dessert above, we shared a bowl of Ecco’s sweet and tangy Blueberry-Mint Sorbet.
As you can see in the photo above, we wound up closing the place down. We were the very last customers to leave!
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Ecco’s soaring glass entry invites you into it’s upscale modern motif inside. Casual, yet chic and elegant, this is a “must-do” in the Midtown section of Atlanta!
- FOOD / DRINK: Refreshing sips and indulgent bites! Extremely creative conglomerations of flavors and visual satisfaction in every dish.
- LOCATION: Ecco is located at 40 7th Street NE in Midtown in Atlanta, GA 30308.
- HOURS: The bar and patio open at 4 PM daily, while dinner is served Sunday through Thursday from 5:30 PM – 10 PM, and on Fridays and Saturdays from 5:30 PM – 11 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Courteous, efficient, professional and friendly.
- PRICE / VALUE: Amazing-amazing-amazing! Ecco is on our list of restaurants to visit on every trip we take to the city! Outstanding value and prices for what is offered.
- CORKAGE: $20 per bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (404) 347-9555. Website: www.ecco-atlanta.com
- PARKING: Metered street parking is available surrounding the restaurant.
- TOTAL BILL: Our total bill was over $100 (including tax), but it was so worth the additional expenditure for the quality of the meal and beverages, the creative flair of the cuisine, the modern-chic atmosphere and the attentive staff.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.