Built along the serene banks of the Chattahoochee River in Georgia subsists the hailed restaurant, Canoe. With the property’s roaming paths and polished beautiful natural scenery, patrons can breathe in the fresh air, take a relaxing saunter along beautified meandering walkways, then settle in for a commendable and memorable dining experience. Our last visit to Canoe proved to be one such experience.
Having recently been awarded Zagat’s 2012 / 2013 Atlanta Restaurants Top 20 Food Ratings Survey accreditation, the establishment also received acclamations for the #2 Top Decor, #4 Top Service and #4 Most Popular. All of this out of 471 restaurants the metro Atlanta region. Pretty impressive!
An eye-catching bar with coffered ceilings and artist-sculpted wrought iron details is a main attraction in this area of the restaurant above.
The elegant dining area shows off Canoe’s red leather chairs, white-clothed tables and brick details throughout.
Petite Beef Short Ribs
Above, the Petite Beef Short Ribs were a perfect starter complimented with seared vegetables and joined by a trio of sauces.
Breaded Herbed Goat Cheese
The Breaded Herbed Goat Cheese above was devoured quickly and presented on a bed of vegetable slaw accompanied by an olive and basil oil blend.
Dressed Lemon Sole
I selected the Dressed Lemon Sole with fingerling potatoes, French green beans and a succulent and savory lemon-butter sauce that complimented all the flavors of the dish.
Slow-Roasted Beef Brisket
My husband chose the Slow-Roasted Beef Brisket over a palate of celery root whipped potatoes and a vegetable slaw in a savory beef jus.
The raspberry, chocolate and vanilla torte was topped with a crumbled cookie crown. This was a scrumptious delight after such a wonderful meal.
Since we arrived after nightfall for dinner on this particular evening, we were unable to photograph the beautiful lawns and gardens on the property. However, on our return to Atlanta, we will update this post with those photos when we revisit the restaurant during the day.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Charming, romantic, upscale and welcoming.
- FOOD / DRINK: This popular eatery offers pleasing dishes, an array of choices to suit most anyone’s taste and a commanding wine list.
- LOCATION: The restaurant is located in the Vinings community at 4199 Paces Ferry Road, SE in Atlanta, GA 30339.
- HOURS: Canoe offers Lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM, Dinner Monday through Thursday from 5:30 PM – 10 PM, then Fridays and Saturdays from 5:30 PM – 11 PM, and on Sundays from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Brunch is available Sundays from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Exceptional attention was given to us by our server and the staff of Canoe. The customer service alone will have us returning.
- PRICE / VALUE: For what we received at Canoe, including the precise execution of excellent service by our waiter and attention to detail, we feel Canoe is priced fairly, and we will return again in the future.
- CORKAGE FEE: $15 per bottle any time, any day.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (770) 432-2663, Website: www.canoeatl.com
- PARKING: Valet parking is available for your convenience.
- TOTAL BILL: Our final bill totaled over $85, which included a few glasses of wine with dinner. However, we must recommend Canoe due to the worthiness of the cuisine, excellence of the service and tranquility of the establishment as a whole.