During a recent visit to BOA on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, we indulged in their 5 – 7 PM weekday Happy Hour. We arrived just after 5 PM, and the restaurant was already buzzing with excitement.
Upon entering this posh, upscale modernized steakhouse, we were filled with a sense of excitement and were instantly enveloped inside a world of visual complacency.
The red granite bar top coordinates nicely with the red-interiored wooden boxes clustered together above you on the ceiling…calming wood tones and calming hues abound throughout the interior lounge areas.
As welcoming as the indoor living room like lounge in front of the inside bar appeared, we just couldn’t resist sitting outside on the roofless patio lounge in front of a flickering fireplace…adorned with tall clear glass vases filled with underwater orchids.
BOA offers several delicious options to select from on their Monday through Friday Happy Hour menu. Such intriguing fare includes the Ahi Tacos – $7 (normally $12), the Smoked Salmon & Goat Cheese Pizzetta – $9 (normally $14), Spicy Steak Tartar On a Crispy Rice Cake – $7 (usually $11), the popular BOA Burger Sliders – $8 (normally $10), the Ahi Tuna Cruso – $9 (usually $14), Boneless Sweet Thai Chicken Wings – $6 (usually $10), the Marinated Skirt Steak Pinwheels – $6 (normally $12), the Charcuterie & Cheese Plate – $17 (usually $22), Fried Pickles – $6 (usually $8), Kobe Corn Dogs – $6 (usually $10), Crispy Calamari – $7 (normally $12), and the BOA Crudite – $7 (usually $12).
The Happy Hour menu exhibits tasty libations to enjoy such as the BOA Infusion for $7, the Fleetwood Margarita for $8, their Luckman Martini at $9, Select Imported Beers for $6 each, Prosecco and Red Wine for $6 a glass, and White Wine for $5. A lot of variety to suit a lot of tastes.
Fleetwood Margarita and the BOA Infusion
Above, the Fleetwood Margarita and BOA Infusion served in a martini glass were exhilaratingly cool and revitalizing, while the Ahi Tacos below were savory and spicy, filled with tomato, onion, with a delightful crunch.fresh Ahi tuna and creamy avocado.
The Marinated Skirt Steak Pinwheels below were incredible. Wrapped around tender cooked pearl onions, the savory beef slices will delight your taste buds and satisfy even the pickiest beef fanatics.
Marinated Skirt Steak Pinwheels
Below, the BOA Burger Sliders were perfectly cooked to our preference and were surrounded by tender mini buns, melted cheese and thin onion strings.
BOA Burger Sliders
Below, the inside of one of the BOA Burger Sliders.
We very much enjoyed our visit to BOA on Sunset Boulevard. When we return, we will bring some friends and go for dinner in the out-of-doors dining room and watch the transformation as the sun goes down and the lights of BOA come alive and enchant us with its upscale alluring ambiance throughout the night!
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: The architecture and unique decor of both the indoors and out-of-doors spaces at BOA allows for everything you can imagine. Watching sports in the lounge, visiting with friends on a comfortable sofa in front of the indoor bar, meeting new friends on the open air fireplace-adorned outdoor patio lounge…the possibilities are endless.
- FOOD / DRINK: Incredible unique cuisine bursting with flavor and enjoyable to the last savory morsel. There;s no such thing as a bad dish at BOA Steakhouse.
- LOCATION: BOA Steakhouse is located at 9200 Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, CA 90069.
- HOURS: The BOA Steakhouse on Sunset Boulevard is open for Lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Dinner is served Sunday through Monday from 5:30 PM – 10:30 PM, Tuesday through Wednesday from 5:30 PM -11 PM, and Thursdays through Saturdays from 5:30 PM – 12:00 AM. Happy hour is available Monday through Friday from 5 PM – 7 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Waitresses are happy to serve their customers and are polite and gracious.
- PRICE / VALUE: The Happy Hour cocktail and appetizer menu was perfect for cocktails and a few appetizers before going to dinner. Unfortunately, we were meeting friends at another establishment for that, so we didn’t get to experience a full dining experience at BOA. Next time, however, we’ll pick the restaurant for dinner!
- CORKAGE FEE: The corkage fee at BOA on Sunset is $25 per bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (310) 278-2050, Website: www.boasteak.com
- TOTAL BILL: For one Fleetwood Margarita, one BOA Infusion, an order of the Ahi Tacos, the Marinated skirt Steak Pinwheels and also the BOA Burger Sliders, our total bill was $39.15. A great bargain for such distinct culinary creations surrounded by such a beautiful modern and unique atmosphere.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.