A fun and convenient post-wine tasting venue is Los Olivos Cafe. Perfect for lunch and dinner, our last trip offered delicious fare and a relaxed ambiance. Downtown Los Olivos is a favorite among locals and tourists alike. We love it so much because of it’s excellent cuisine and cozy feel. The Los Olivos downtown area is thriving with busy tasting rooms and a relaxed yet upscale, casual feel. Los Olivos Cafe will welcome you with the same.
Above, the entry sign that hangs from a weather-aged wooden beam amidst the foliage that welcomes every patron into it’s charming abode. Below, a view of Los Olivos Cafe from across the street.Originally, a local deli, this neighborhood landmark was eventually renovated into Los Olivos Cafe. Having originally only having 3 wines on the menu during it’s deli lifetime, this cafe now boasts over 500 wine varieties on their collective list, including their own label from a private vineyard the proprietors own and personally tend. Los Olivos Cafe was also awarded the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence!
The cafe menu offers a select array of dishes to inspire and enlighten most any palate. Updated frequently due to the use of local ingredients, check the menu before going to see what’s been added, removed for seasonal reasons or enhanced…
We stopped in for a late lunch on our last visit. Fresh focaccia bread was served to us at our favorite table beside a glass-encased fireplace. Flavorful and delicious, the bread is enhanced with fresh locally-grown herbs and Los Olivos Cafe’s own labeled dipping oil…
My husband ordered the incredible Alba Pizza, which incorporates a variety of mushrooms, ricotta cheese, Arugula, Parmesan cheese and truffle oil atop a delightfully delicious crispy and soft pizza dough…
Below, I chose the Skirt Steak Cobb Salad, with tender strips of steak, bacon, boiled egg slices, Romaine lettuce, fresh tomato, avocado and Parmesan cheese. Each bite was succulent, crisp and had just the right amount of flavor!
Skirt Steak Cobb Salad
You can see by the phtos how important the owners at Los Olivos Cafe feel it is to include fresh locally-grown, and mostly organic, ingredients in their dishes. They just love what they do, and they execute the cuisine very well.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Cozy, romantic with a wine wall featured on the popular movie ‘Sideways’, our favorite table for two beside the glass-encased fireplace and just an all-around great comfortable feel that makes you feel as if you are home.
- FOOD / DRINK: Crisp beverages, crisp fresh salads and repetitive consistent quality.
- LOCATION: Los Olivos Cafe is located at 2879 Grand Avenue in Los Olivos, CA 93441.
- HOURS: Lunch and Dinner are available from 11:30 AM TO 8:30 PM daily.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Couldn’t be nicer, more friendly or more accommodating.
- PRICE / VALUE: No complaints here. You will be satisfied with the value you get for the cost of your meals at this romantic neighborhood cafe.
- CORKAGE FEE: $20 per bottle
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (805) 688-7265, Webiste: www.losolivoscafe.com
- PARKING: There is availability for street parking along Grand Avenue in front of the restaurant.
- TOTAL BILL: Coming in under $35, our total bill was terrific considering the quality and portion size of the dishes we ordered.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.