After comparing the “Happy Hour” accommodations of the Woodland Hills Ruth’s Chris to the location in Beverly Hills, we’ve decided to recommend the Woodland Hills location to our readers for a great Happy Hour. Spacious, comfortable booths, tables and high-tops with a much longer-lasting and extensive menu, you won’t be disappointed with this Woodland Hills gathering spot!
Called their “Prime Hour”, the Woodland Hills Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse offers everything you can think of in terms of appetizers. We were shocked by the portion sizes, and awed by the incredible service and quality of the hand-shaken cocktails we enjoyed each time we visited.
Select wines, premium beers and well drinks are just $5, while hand shaken refreshing martinis are available for $7 each during Prime Hour. Above, we delighted in a Cosmopolitan, a Rum & Coke, a couple of glasses of wine, a basket of complimentary spicy potato chips and a classic Lemon Drop Martini.
Prime Hour Caesar Salad
The Ruth’s Chris Prime Hour Caesar Salad is a filling portion for anyone. Crisp Romaine lettuce leaves with Romano cheese and a creamy Caesar dressing topped with shaved Parmesan on top. When asked if I would like anchovies with my salad, we were not only not charged extra for them, but they were presented to us on a separate plate on a bed of lettuce! And at only $5, it was quite a deal.
Anchovies Served Atop a Lettuce Leaf For Caesar Salads
For $9, you can relish in the jumbo-sized chilled Shrimp Cocktail. Served on a bed of lettuce and Ruth’s Chris delicious New Orleans-style spicy cocktail sauce, this item is refreshing to enjoy and visually, a sight to behold.
The next Prime Hour selection we recommend is the Crabtini Appetizer. Tender plump lump crab meat served in a chilled martini glass accompanied by lettuce leaves, a bell pepper garnish, the restaurant’s house vinaigrette and a delectable classic Remoulade sauce and hunks of white sweet crab meat just waiting to be devoured. This dish is $9 also, and comes with a stunning and colorful presentation, as you can see below.
Now we get to what Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse is known for. Their beef! Below, these Prime Sliders are a mere $7…with cheese! Soft mini hamburger buns show off what’s inside as melty cheddar cheese blends in nicely with these perfectly-prepared savory bites!
Prime Burger Sliders
Yum! Did somebody ask for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms? Because we tried those, too! These large broiled mushroom caps are stuffed with a lump crab meat stuffing, sprinkled with Romano cheese then baked to perfection! Enjoy these for a simple $7!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Next, we ordered the Ruth’s Tenderloin Rolls, which are Ruth’s Chris tender mini steaks on soft melt-in-your-mouth buns in servings of three per order. Wow. That’s all we can say about these. Wow. Wow. Wow. And for only $9.
INSIDER’S TIP: Our tip for ordering these sumptuous bites of beef is to ask for some of the restaurant’s whipped cream horseradish sauce. Not that these delicious morsels of flavor need it, but we just enjoy adding a touch of this heavenly sauce to these Tenderloin Rolls. Give it a try. You’ll see what we mean!
On to our next taste sensation! The Veal Osso Bucco Ravioli below. Large saffron-infused ravioli casings filled with Veal Osso Bucco and fresh Mozzarella cheese then served with baby spinach and a white wine demi-glace. Can you say CRAZY DELICIOUS! All for just $7!
Veal Osso Bucco Ravioli
Care for a little Big Easy in your Prime Hour? Then try your luck with the Ruth’s Chris outstanding $7 Barbequed Shrimp! These New Orleans-style sauteed shrimp are swimming in a reduction of white wine, butter, garlic and spices. However, this appetizer is not spicy. My husband really enjoyed this dish and had no problems with the spiciness whatsoever. There’s more of a hint of spice, but not hot enough to cause an issue.
We could literally go on for days blogging about the Woodland Hills Ruth’s Chris Prime Hour. We were THAT impressed. But all good things must come to an end eventually. BUT FIRST…
Behold! The Ruth’s Chris Prime Burger & Fries Appetizer…
The Ruth’s Chris Prime Burger With Fries
Yes, this is an actual appetizer on the Prime Hour menu! It’s a massive burger made with only the best beef around and lands on our list of top five all-time favorite burgers! Served open-faced, this burger was cooked to our requested temperature, placed on a large hamburger bun, topped with a mountain of blue cheese, then plated with all the traditional accoutrements on the side. Once assembled, you can see in the photos above that it’s a colossol burger! At a mere $9, what could be better?
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: The Ruth’s Chris spacious lounge can be described as Asian-modern with a trendy edge to it. We’ve found this establishment’s lounge to be quite accommodating for their Happy Hour activities.
- FOOD / DRINK: Terrific steaks, incredible burgers, fun sliders, refreshing salads, outstanding beverages….okay, everything here is amazing!
- LOCATION: The Woodland Hills Ruth’s Chris is located at the Westfield Towne Promenade Mall at 6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard in Woodland Hills, CA in Suite 1360.
- HOURS: Prime Hour is available Tuesday through Friday from 5PM to 7PM. However, on Fridays, you can start enjoying what is offered at 4:30 PM! But get there early on a Friday, because this space gets filled up quickly if you’re not in the know. Sundays and Mondays, Prime Hour selections are offered all night from 5PM until closing.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Exceptional service every time we have visited this restaurant. Unparallelled customer service!
- PRICE / VALUE: Amazing, amazing, amazing! Just go and you’ll see why we are so excited about the value of the Prime Hour menu!
- CORKAGE FEE: In the lounge or main dining room, if you bring in a bottle to cork, there is a $15 corkage charge. Now we have to tell you this…if you bring in a bottle to have with dinner, then order even a half-bottle off the Ruth’s Chris menu, the restaurant will waive your $15 corkage charge! How’s that for a deal! And customer loyalty!
- CONTACT INFO:Phone: (818) 227-9505. Website:www.ruthschris.com
- PARKING: Valet parking is available, however there is ample parking in front of the restaurant in the parking lot and just a few short steps from the lot to the front door of this eatery.
- TOTAL BILL: We’ve experienced this Prime Hour on a few ocassions, never having a bill that exceeded $40 (including tax). Of course, depending on how many items you order, the final bill will reflect those selections. We’re very happy with this Ruth’s Chris and will continue to return again and again.