Not many restaurants possess the right to claim that they present unparalleled cuisine, impeccable service AND a perfect location. However, Geoffrey’s in sunny Malibu, California certainly owns that right. The views alone from the open air al fresco patio overlooking the sparkling azure waters of the Pacific Ocean are enough to cause momentary euphoria. Truly one of Malibu’s favorite locales to satisfy even the most discriminative gastronomes, Geoffrey’s takes the lead for lavish dining, relaxing views and consistent exceptional service.
My husband and I and some out-of-town friends were enjoying the beautiful weather handed to us on a perfectly clear sunny afternoon. As we drove along scenic PCH, we pulled into Geoffrey’s, unbenounced to our company. To start, cocktails fit the mood of the day with seagulls singing their happy melody along the clifftops, pelicans diving for their sustenance for the afternoon in the distance, and waves crashing against the shore below.
The feel of Geoffrey’s is very person-able and welcoming. Round strategically-placed tables cover the patio sheltered by tall beige umbrellas. Comfortable rattan chairs surround each table while a flowing fountain and reflective mirrors enhance the environment. Refreshing ocean breezes sneak in and out of the open dining expanse in complimentary rhythm with the tide below as you sip on a cocktail before enjoying an amazing meal, and all in the world seems right…even if just for a few moments in time.
Geoffrey’s offers a varied multitude of cuisine options to choose from. Their Brunch menu presents such selections as Ahi Tuna Tartare, Baked Brie, Steamed Maine Mussels, an Artisan Cheese Plate, Crab Cakes, Specialty soups, salads and Seasonal Oysters to start your meal off right. Brunch entree choices include such fare as the Mediterranean, grilled Ahi Nicoise and Maine Lobster salads, complimented by a select array of Benedicts such as the Scotch, Crab Cake and Lobster Cake variations. Non-salad entrees include the likes of French Toast and Quiche dishes, salmon and scallop selections and Seafood Paella, Grilled Filet Mignon, and Sea Bass and Chicken Picatta offerings leaving something for everyone’s taste, desire and cravings to be delighted and satisfied at this fine food establishment.
The cocktails we had were refreshing and crisp. Below, we indulged in Geoffrey’s Pear Martini (Absolut Pear Vodka,Triple Sec and a Bartlett pear puree), the Geoffrey’s Famous Bloody Mary (Absolut Pepper Vodka mixed with their Unique Bloody Mary Mix), the Kiss On the Beach (Absolut Vodka, Peach Schnapps, splash pf pineapple, orange and cranberry juice)…
…we also enjoyed an Antioxidant Mojito (Veev Acai Spirit, fresh mint leaves, fresh blueberries and a splash of soda), and a flavorsome glass of Pinot Noir (below)…
We started with the Ahi Tuna Tartare. An eye-catching presentation, vibrant sauces and crunchy wonton triangles. This appetizer served its purpose and was soon devoured by the four of us. The ahi is gently mixed with avocado, scallions, ginger, and red onions, then topped with tobieko caviar. This tartar dish lands on the Savor Hour list as a second #1 right beside another restaurant’s rendition in Newport Beach that we commonly frequent. Two #1 tuna tartar dishes, you ask? Yes…they’re both just that incredible.
Ahi Tuna Tartare
The Kobe Burger is one not to miss. Tender Kobe beef, horseradish cheddar cheese, smoked bacon, a roasted shallot Aioli and a tasty bun create the perfect union of flavors. Geoffrey’s Spicy Shrimp Salad with tamarind-marinated grilled shrimp, baby arugula, grilled corn and jicama are nicely complimented with a spicy Asian vinaigrette (both below).
Kobe Burger and the Spicy Shrimp Salad
The Scotch Benedict (toasted croissant, smoked salmon, rosemary potatoes, hollandaise sauce with a fresh fruit side) offered aromatic joy when it was brought to our table. The Grilled Filet Mignon with fresh vegetables (below) was tender and perfectly prepared.
Grilled Filet Mignon with Fresh Vegetables
Above, one of our guests enjoyed the Shiitake Omlette (Shiitake mushrooms, garlic, shallots, tomatoes, and Brie cheese with roasted potatoes and fresh fruit), while I delighted in one of my favorite dishes: the Seafood Paella (prawns, mussels, Manila clams, scallops, chorizo, chicken and saffron rice in a heavenly seafood broth) shown below.
Brunch at Geoffrey’s has become a Malibu tradition not to be missed. You will leave with a sense of tranquility in your mind, with a peacefullness you hadn’t arrived with and a gastronomical experience to rival any oceanfront venue on PCH!
- DECOR / ESTABLISHMENT: Hands down, one of the best views for Brunch anywhere along PCH. A tiny bit of luck with the weather and a fog-free day and you’ve got the perfect setting for a weekend Brunch!
- FOOD / DRINK: Refreshing crisp cocktails, freshly-prepared fare and unique presentation of dishes come together to crate the perfect scenario for anyone’s culinary cravings.
- LOCATION: Geoffrey’s is located at 27400 Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, CA 90265.
- HOURS: Lunch is available Monday through Friday from 11:30AM to 3:30PM, Dinner is served Sunday through Thursday from 4PM to 10PM then from 4PM to 11PM Fridays and Saturdays. Brunch can be enjoyed Saturdays and Sundays from 10AM to 3:30PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Attentive waitstaff expects your next request almost magically at times as they exhibit unmatched service to every diner.
- PRICE / VALUE: Value for the service, cuisine, initial presentation and views is quite obvious at Geoffrey’s. It is perfect for Brunch, entertaining friends and out-of-town guests, and celebrating special occassions!
- CORKAGE FEE: $25 per 750ml bottle (two bottle max)
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (310) 457-1519, Website: www.geoffreysmalibu.com
- PARKING: Valet parking is available for $6, which is added to your total bill. You may also look for a parking spot on PCH in front of the restaurant, but it can be difficult to find as Geoffrey’s is an extremely popular establishment.
- TOTAL BILL: Our final bill, which included the Kobe Burger, Shrimp Salad, Tuna Tartar, Grilled Filet Mignon, Scotch Benedict, Shiitake Mushroom Omlet, Seafood Paella, five cocktails, a large bottle of Pellegrino, and the valet charge automatically added to our bill and a corkage charge of $25 for a bottle of champagne we brought from our wine locker to cork there came in right under $300, but was well worth the splurge!
*Menu and prices subject to change without notice.