If you’ve never experienced a meal at Rattler’s Bar B Que in Santa Clarita, CA then you’re missing out on some of the most savory, flavorful mesquite-grilled happiness you can get your hands on. We hadn’t had really great BBQ in some time, but when we joined some friends for lunch one afternoon after shopping in the area, we were convinced that we would be returning again to this popular eatery dishing out some of the most incredible BBQ in the area. If you think we’re just being dramatic, give it a try for yourself. You’ll believe it when you taste it!
If you’re not familiar with Rattler’s Bar B Que, then maybe you’ve heard of the ever popular Stonefire Grill restaurants scattered throughout southern California in Valencia, West Hills, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Chatsworth, Pasadena, and we visited the location in Thousand Oaks, which was such a wonderful experience (see the sidebar of this site under Stonefire Grill or Thousand Oaks CA to view our article!) Both restaurants are owned by the same family, and both eateries offer the same quality flavorful cuisine that keeps customers returning again and again (ourselves included!) Since being founded in 1988, Rattler’s Bar B Que has been embedded in the fabric of the Santa Clarita community, and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Consistency in the cuisine,
superior customer service, and a terrific relaxed and casual ambiance are what’s important to the company. And it definitely shows.
Rattler’s Original Recipe Bloody Mary, “Spiked” Watermelon Iced Tea, Iced Water Served In Mason Jars, and Other Intriguing Cocktails
The cocktail selection at Rattler’s Bar B Que is extensive to say the least. We sat and caught up with our friends for a half hour before even ordering our entrees. Several libations were ordered and thoroughly enjoyed such as the Sterling Vintner’s Chardonnay, Rattler’s Original Recipe Bloody Mary (which is indeed extra spicy, yet very delicious), Rattler’s Margarita (made with Cuervo 1800, Triple Sec, Sweet & Sour, and fresh lime juice), and the Watermelon Iced Tea ordered with a “spike” really packed a punch with the shot of Stoli Vodka added to the popular beverage made with fresh watermelon.
Garlic Buns & Bottomless Warm Tortilla Chips With House Salsa
Try an order of Rattler’s Bar B Que Warm Tortilla Chips. Under $4, they’re bottomless and come with the restaurant’s own homemade salsa. So order one and share with everyone at the table (or just keep them to yourself!) Generous refillable baskets of homemade Garlic Buns are also generously provided to diners. Sink your teeth into these beauties made with generous additions of garlic and pesto, and you’ll never think of bread before your meal the same way ever again.
1/2 Chicken & Rib Combo Plates and Baby Back Rib Entrees
Besides the chilly flavorsome libations hand shaken from the spacious bar, the melt-in-your-mouth tender garlic buns coated in creamy pesto, and the bottomless Warm Tortilla Chips, there’s another prime reason Rattler’s Bar B Que is so incredible…their mesquite-grilled fare. Our table enjoyed the likes of the 1/2 Chicken & Rib combinations with both beef rib and pork rib orders, as well as full Baby Back Rib selections with sides such a Nutty Coleslaw, Creamy Coleslaw and Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes. Needless to say, we were no longer hungry when we left the restaurant. In fact, three of us carried take-out boxes with us on our way out!
Great cuisine that is consistent from a company who knows mesquite-grilled food, outstanding (and sometimes even unbelievable) customer service from cordial, gracious servers, and an atmosphere that is welcoming and embraces the feeling of family through and through…that’s what is so exceptional about Rattler’s Bar B Que!
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Rattler’s BBQ Restaurant’s spacious open dining area creates a feeling of family throughout the establishment. Looking around the dining room, one can observe families enjoying quality meals and beverages, enjoying their experience, and appreciating the casual, yet fun décor throughout the eatery.
- FOOD / DRINK: If you haven’t had the chance to experience the cuisine at a Rattler’s (or a Stonefire Grill for that matter), we suggest you try if you can. The flavor, quality, and consistency of the food is by far some of the best. In the mood for BBQ? This is the place for it! There’s even a Gluten-Free menu available if you require it.
- LOCATION: Rattler’s Bar B Que is located at 26495 Golden Valley Road in Santa Clarita, CA 91315 in the Santa Clarita Valley.
- HOURS: Rattler’s Bar B Que serves their unforgettable savory cuisine Sunday through Thursday from 11 AM until 9:30 PM, and Friday and Saturdays from 11 AM to 10 PM. Happy Hour pricing is available in the lounge area Monday through Friday between 3 PM and 7 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Don’t be surprised by the friendly and efficient wait staff at Rattler’s Bar B Que. The company assures only the friendliest, most helpful and productive servers to provide unparalleled customer contact.
- PRICE / VALUE: Extremely fair pricing for the quality and portions presented at this establishment. A terrific value for the money!
- CORKAGE FEE: $5 per 750mL bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (661) 251-4195, Website: www.rattlersbbq.com
- PARKING: Ample complimentary parking is available in the large lot in front of the restaurant for your convenience.
- PRICING: The Sterling Vintner’s Collection Chardonnay was priced at $7 per glass, the Rattler’s Original Recipe Extra Spicy Bloody Mary was a fair $6.59. The Spiked Watermelon Iced Tea was an easy $7.99 and packed a definite punch, while the Rattler’s Margarita was easily accepted at $8.59. The Warm Tortilla Chips slid in at $3.99 per order, and were bottomless, so the price on those was exceptionally fair. The 1/2 Chicken & Rib Combinations (we got two…one with pork ribs and one with beef ribs) were $12.99 apiece, and the full order of
Baby Back Ribs came in at a reasonable $14.99.
* Menu and pricing subject to change without notice.