Having visited the Inn & Spa at Loretto more than once in the last couple of years, we were delighted that our travels took us back through the charming town of Santa Fe once again to further indulge in everything this affluently charming property has to offer. Possessing the livelihood and creative heart and soul of Santa Fe itself, we were once again enchanted by the local artistry, unique cuisine, and luxurious surroundings. Having received a plethora of awards and accolades, (in addition to being a AAA Four-Diamond hotel), this luxury boutique destination offers an award-winning full-service spa, in-house art galleries, intriguing shops, noteworthy gardens, and many other attention-grabbing features that are sure to refresh, calm, and entice the weary traveler.
Guest suites are intimate and colorful upon entering, and private and semi-private patios are available upon request. There are 134 vibrant rooms exuding warmth and inviting tones throughout. Beamed ceilings, local artwork, and even a stuffed black bear perched against a bed pillow await to greet you upon arrival. The location is quite convenient being just one block from the popular historic Santa Fe Plaza shopping, dining, and entertainment part of the city as well, which we spent far too much time indulging in of course!
Patios offer extensive views over the city of Santa Fe. And the sunsets are equally impressive as well if you find yourself enjoying a bottle of wine before heading out for dinner as we did. We sat on our balcony at least an hour each evening with a bottle of vino just enjoying what nature had to offer us in terms of the artful splashes of color across a calm Santa Fe skyline.
Sometimes getting going in the mornings is not as easy as expected. But no worries, because the In-Room Dining staff at The Inn & Spa At Loretto will seamlessly handle any desires you may be requiring in terms of unforgettable morning sustenance that will carry you throughout your day with ease. Meals come straight from the Luminaria kitchen, which means only one thing…delicious and beautifully presented fare that will have you smiling within seconds of taking that first bite! We appreciated several items during our stay for breakfast such as the American Breakfast , the Three Egg Omelet, and the Poppy Seed Belgian Waffle with Raspberry Compote and maple syrup.
In-Room Dining Fare Arrived Directly From the Luminaria Kitchen
Speaking of Luminaria, this relaxed fine dining locale offers dining all day long from incredible breakfasts to lingering lunches to dinners that will have you telling people about the experience for a long time to come. Indoors, the restaurant possesses a modern feel, but still maintains that relaxed southwestern ambiance. In the below images, the outdoor patio brings the charm of the city in with an adobe fireplace, intimate seating areas, babbling waters from a fountain, and bright pops of color from umbrellas and white-clothed tents complete with chandeliers above dining tables.
The grounds of the property are carefully maintained and enhanced around the clock. It’s no wonder that the Inn & Spa At Loretto was named “Best Wedding Venue In New Mexico” by the Travel Network and given the “Reader’s Choice Award” for 2011-2012 by Conde Nast. Between the stunning landscape, southwestern adobe-style architecture, and overall charm and intrigue of the resort, we found ourselves in agreement that this was indeed a romantic and memorable haven that felt all to ourselves as we would walk through the halls of the buildings, shop at the galleries, peer through chapel doors, and indulge in most everything the property had to offer during our stay.
The Loretto Chapel is a must-see when visiting the property. Attached to the resort, this chapel is home to the “Miraculous Staircase”, which was built between 1877 and 1881 using only square pegs made of wood. Shockingly, no glue or nails were used in the construction of this structure! Having taken six years to finish the building of the staircase, the extinct wood it is made of stills dazzles and dumfounds visitors today. Now a private museum, the Loretto Chapel shows off its stained glass windows and wrought iron railings as slews of individuals crowd through to witness its magnificence.
Loretto Chapel & The “Miraculous Staircase”
When you day has finally come to a conclusion, and you’re ready to unwind, stop in at the property’s relaxed and comforting gathering space…The Living Room. Steps from the main registration desk, The Living Room offers a spacious lounge area with a full bar and ample seating possibilities. Our favorites are the leather sofas in front of the roaring fireplace and at the high-top table in front of the bar with views of the live entertainment that performs on select evenings. Intricately carved ceilings are vibrant in color and create a warm overhead attraction, while a friendly staff accommodates your libation needs and provides a menu of light fare straight from Luminaria Restaurant made especially for The Living Room occupants.
We have always enjoyed our stays at The Inn & Spa At Loretto. The combined efforts of a gracious and attentive staff, delectable and creative regional cuisine, and an ambiance unparalleled to many other locales created the perfect location for us to unwind during our travels.
PROPERTY: The resort is decorated in true southwestern style with a complimentary rustic edge. Vibrant colors, shiny hammered coppers, local artwork, and warm woods can be seen throughout the halls and gathering places of the building, while colorful handmade rugs and other local items of interest appeal to everyone who is present. Several walkways, paths, and corridors inside the inn offer a spacious feel, and outside you are transformed to a magical wonderland of tranquility and peace.
- SERVICE / STAFF: We appreciated the courteous, well-trained, amicable staff and all their efforts during our stay. Without that in place, we wouldn’t have been so delighted, as they always seems to make our stay more enjoyable. From the hotel staff to the management to the restaurant, everyone seemed to sincerely want us to enjoy our visit.
- PET FRIENDLINESS: We’re happy to report that The Inn & Spa At Loretto is in fact pet friendly. A simple $25 daily clean-up and maintenance fee is charged, however is minimal compared to other resorts we have visited with our furry friend. The property will also give your fluffy companion a special treat before they head to your pet-friendly room.
- DINING OPTIONS: Luminaria is the property’s flagship restaurant, which features all-day dining and offers a sinful selection of regional and local ingredients that will take your taste buds for a memorable ride. The Living Room offers lighter fare during their gathering times, and In-Room Dining orders are served straight from Luminaria to guest suites.
- LOCATION: The Inn & Spa At Loretto is located at 211 Old Santa Fe Trail in Santa Fe, NM 87501.
- CONTACT: Phone: (800) 727-5531, Website: www.innatloretto.com
- PARKING: Guests’ vehicles are parked by the Valet for $19 per night in a private secured open lot on the property.
- RESORT AMENITIES: Concierge services, 24-hour fitness room, coffee and tea in room between 6 AM and 10 AM, available yoga classes, heated outdoor pool, 24-hour business center, luxurious bath amenities, and much more.
* Rates, menus and prices subject to change without notice.