If you’ve been to one the nearly 200 existing P.F. Chang’s locations, you know that you’ve also been more than once, or you’re planning to return again in the future. With the use and combination of fresh ingredients, bursting flavor from each dish that’s prepared, and a flavorful spin on Asian favorites, Shanghai-born co-founder and culinary consultant, Philip Chang and consulting Chef Yuji Iwasa conglomerate on ideas and inspirations for dishes that please and satisfy the palates of their numerous customers. Newly created dishes now available at this widely popular restaurant offer inspirations inspired by the spring season with savory Southeast Asian influences.
The interior decor at the Sherman Oaks Galleria P.F. Chang’s location is Asian with modern enhancements. A beautiful spacious dining room allows for patrons to enjoy an intimate lunch or dinner without feeling overcrowded, while an expansive lounge and bar with a see-through partition allows for viewing of the restaurant’s culinary theatrics in the kitchen. Personable bartenders await your requests and impress with flavorful concoctions, crisp wines, and other desirable selections.
Main Dining Area, The Arched Lounge & The View Over The Bar
Inspirations for the new menu additions include all the favorites most loved about spring…bright colorful fresh vegetables, flavorful tastes that are both refreshing and enticing, and a wholeness of flavor just waiting to give you even more reasons to keep returning to this Asian bistro chain.
Vietnamese Prawn Rolls
One of several new features on the spring menu at P.F. Chang’s is the Vietnamese Prawn Rolls appetizer. Served with refreshing chilled leaves of Bibb lettuce, delicately fried and presented with a flavorsome toasted sesame-soy sauce and Thai basil, fresh mint, and cilantro, these crispy and succulent starters will kick off the perfect sensation of flavors on your taste buds while you’re deciding what to order for your main course.
Thai Beef & Noodle Salad
Bursting with flavors of the Orient and the fresh tastes of spring corn kernels, juicy grape tomatoes, savory caramelized beef, colorful greens, egg noodles, tangy sweet mango, creamy avocado and cucumber, this new salad addition will please anyone’s craving for Southeast Asian cuisine. The additional essence of Thai basil and fresh mint mixed into a seasoned citrus vinaigrette dressing and a subtle hint of spice is then crowned with chopped peanuts and bright green cilantro.
Sea Bass With Tropical Salsa
Here’s an entree for the record books…try the Sea Bass With Tropical Salsa. The sweet meat of the Sea Bass is gently enhanced by the Sriracha sauce (a type of hot sauce named after the coastal city of Si Racha, in Eastern Thailand), which is then garnished with a compilation of flavorful tropical fruit salsa and micro greens atop a bed of grilled asparagus. This striking dish is then drizzled with a sweet chili sauce to complete this creation. A dazzling display, but more importantly, an amazing sensation of flavors as well.
Also a new addition to the menu, the Thai Basil Sambal Noodles entree ($12.95-chicken, $14.95-shrimp, or $13.95-combo of both, not pictured), provides a gluten-free option with rice noodles, fresh veggies and fragrant Thai basil gently tossed in a coconut sambal sauce with a spicy enhancement. We didn’t try this item, but it sounds absolutely delicious!
We must not forget to highlight P.F. Chang’s Happy Hour. Named Triple Happiness for it’s celebration of street fare favorites, hand shaken flavorsome libations, and the restaurant’s popular dim sum offerings, this is quite the event Monday through Fridays, with double Happy Hours Monday through Thursdays in addition later in the evening. Below are just a few of the tantalizing selections from the Triple Happiness menu, which we have thoroughly enjoyed…
Chang’s Spare Ribs, Ahi Crisps, Asian Street Tacos, & Steamed Shrimp Dumplings With A Mixture Of Sauces
The Steamed Dumplings are a huge hit with us. We’ve enjoyed all three versions of the pork, vegetable and shrimp options, but our favorite by far is the shrimp selection with shrimp, ginger, carrots and green onion (3 for $4), we keep going back to those time and time again. The Asian Street Tacos are another savory item on the Triple Happiness menu. Served two per order ($4.95), we favor the traditional beef version, which is a braised Korean beef treat encompassing all the flavors you can imagine it would possess and then some! If you enjoy a little spice in your Happy Hour, try the Ahi Crisps ($5 per order), which are created with diced Ahi and scallions, then mixed with a sesame-soy dressing with fresh sliced avocado atop crispy wontons. I indulged in this spicy crunchy dish, despite the mild heat it offers. Not too much heat, but just enough. The Chang’s Spare Ribs are another delightful appetite resolution. Basted in an Asian BBQ sauce and seared in a wok, these delectable ribs literally fall off of the bone they’re so tender. Every one of these (and many more options on the menu) will make you realize that your “triple happiness” starts at P.F. Chang’s!
Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Above, we wanted to share another favorite of ours…the Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps ($8.95). These are a signature presentation of P.F. Chang’s, and are comprised of chicken that has been wok-seared, water chestnuts, green onions, and mushrooms combined into savory goodness, then served over crunchy rice sticks and offered with chilled crisp lettuce cups. Sounds great, doesn’t it? That’s why it’s a signature dish. And that’s why we keep ordering it!
Dragon Martini, Chinese 88 Martini, Chardonnay, Organic Agave Margaritas & P.F. Chang’s Mai Tai
Some of the tasteful cocktails on the Triple Happiness Happy Hour menu include the P.F. Chang’s Mai Tai ($6) served in a tall glass with a fresh pineapple wedge garnish, the Organic Agave Martini for an easy $6 (made with Patron Silver Tequila and organic agave nectar with a splash of fresh lime juice), the Dragon Martini (one of my favorites!), and the Chinese 88 Martini (crafted with Plymouth Dry Gin and shaken with fresh lemon juice then topped with sparkling wine for $6.) All sensational options, all delicious down to the very last sip! Above, we also sipped a couple of glasses of the Sonoma-Cutrer Chardonnay ($11/glass).
INSIDER’S TIP: Don’t forget to sign up for P.F. Chang’s Warrior Rewards. This dining rewards card is complimentary and presents you with discounts on the tempting fare you enjoy at the restaurant!
A terrific cozy location inside the Sherman Oaks Galleria, an amazing friendly staff to guide you and offer suggestions about drinks and eats, and a relaxed modern Asian ambiance to enjoy it all in. Just some of the reasons we keep returning!
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: The decor is Asian with nicely-appointed modern touches everywhere in the restaurant. Statues of noble horses await the arrival of patrons right outside the main entry, while inside, the space offers an expansive dining room, an elegantly finished lounge and bar, and a private event room adjacent to the lounge area.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fresh, consistent, flavorsome, expertly prepared, and keeps us coming back for more.
- LOCATION: This particular P.F. Chang’s is located at 15301 Ventura Boulevard in Suite P inside the Sherman Oaks Galleria in Sherman Oaks, CA 91403.
- SERVICE / STAFF: The staff at the Sherman Oaks P.F. Chang’s location is proudly overseen by Manager Jaque Flattery, who impresses her patrons regularly with her superior management skills and great rapport with employees and visiting customers alike. Danny, Levon, Rolando, and Travis at the bar astound with their festive libation creations and delight with their outstanding personalities.
- PRICE / VALUE: Great value for what is presented, especially during the Triple Happiness events Monday through Friday.
- CORKAGE FEE: $10 per 750mL bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (818) 784-1694, Website: www.pfchangs.com
- PARKING: There is ample parking in the Sherman Oaks Galleria parking structure. P.F. Chang’s offers a 2-hour complimentary validation. Just present your parking stub to your server, and they will be more than happy to validate your ticket.
- PRICING: Our final bills have been varied depending on what was ordered, but we’ve never surpassed $50 (including tax) for appetizers during Happy Hour or for dinner and cocktails at the bar.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.
* SPECIAL THANKS: We would like to congratulate Manager Jaque Flattery for the amazing job she does every day overseeing the operations of the restaurant. We would also like to offer our sincere thanks and appreciation for her generosity and the genuine hospitality she shows us every time we visit.