During another visit to Verandah restaurant inside the Four Seasons Resort on the Vegas ‘Strip’, we were once again wowed by Chef Antonio Minichiello’s culinary expertise and flavorsome surprises. The Lombardia Region of Italy was featured this time throughout the 3-Course Tasting Menu, which I had to experience. (The Lombardia area of Italy is a sizable northern region which includes Milan and other breathtaking Renaissance cities.) Offering an Antipasti selection, a choice of main courses, and a dessert option, my 3-course dinner was more proof of Chef Minichiello’s expert skills and showcased his true passion for what he does best. We had the immense pleasure of meeting Chef Antonio during our dinner at Verandah on this particular visit, and we couldn’t have been more pleased by his sincerity, kindness, and personal explanation of each item we ordered.
Pumpkin Soup & Chef’s Amuse-Bouche of Italian Cheese and Sun Dried Tomatoes
We were tempted by Chef Antonio’s amuse-bouche, which was delivered before our appetizers meant to excite the taste buds before a meal. Amuse-bouche is a culinary French term, which means “mouth amuser.” And amuse our mouths it most certainly did. Above, the tasting of this mouthwatering Italian cheese atop smoked sun-dried tomatoes was not only divine in flavor composition, but also in its visual display. Additionally, we enjoyed the warm Pumpkin Soup with gentle touches of mild spice and buttery enhancements.Arancini Milanese
The first of three courses I chose was the Arancini Milanese. These expertly coated orbs of deliciousness were crafted with saffron risotto, which gave this starter a brilliant golden hue inside, while a sweet red onion sauce and a slow braised veal ragu completed this offering. A unique hazelnut crisp topped this presentation nicely.
My main course selection was the Casoeula. Try this for a memorable flavor experience…tangerine lacquered pork tenderloin, black garlic and basil mashed potatoes, red cabbage jam, Chanterelle mushrooms and a rich stout sauce blending taste and tastefulness together on a single plate. Sounds incredible, doesn’t it? We can promise you it was that and so much more!
My husband ordered the 12-ounce Filet Mignon with a side of sauteed mushrooms. A picture is worth a thousand words, and the above photos of this beautiful, perfectly-cooked steak are proof of that. Expertly grilled, artfully presented, and accompanied by a side of savory sauteed mushrooms…well, you get the idea. I don’t think my husband has ever ordered anything but the Filet Mignon at Verandah over the past several years we’ve been dining there. After having it on our first visit to the restaurant years ago, he just can’t get around to ordering anything else due to the extreme satisfaction it provides. I also have to agree that Verandah has one of our top five filets across the U.S. and Europe that we have ever remembered experiencing. They’re just THAT incredible!
For dessert, I decided upon the Torta Sbriciolona. This crisp cookie-esque shortcrust tart was filled with a dream-enhancing hazelnut cream, topped with a sphere of house made roasted hazelnut gelato, then generously and beautifully encircled with sauces of chocolate, caramel and vanilla. Finished off with fresh crushed pistachios and a fresh sprig of mint, this was a sweet and satisfying finale to our meal that cured our sugar cravings that evening. Sweet tooth no more!
Another fantastic meal at Verandah, another recollection of it for our SavorHour.com readers, and more fond memories of dining at this chic, upscale, and romantic venue that never disappoints, but inspires, enhances, and beckons its patrons to return again and again.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: The decor of the restaurant is graced with contemporary touches while embracing patrons in a comforting and inviting surrounding. A full bar staffed with experienced mixologists offers dazzling and refreshing libations, and the dimly-lit romantic ambiance throughout the establishment encourages one to linger a bit longer as the evening goes on.
- FOOD / DRINK: Exquisite memorable cuisine prepared by Chef Antonio and his culinary team astounded…leaving smiles on our faces…again. There exists such consistency in the quality of the creations that come out of the Verandah kitchen. The kitchen is happy to accommodate any gluten-free requirements by offering some items of that type on their menu. vegan items can also be requested through your server if needed.
- LOCATION: Verandah restaurant is located on the first floor of the Four Seasons Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada at 3960 Las Vegas Boulevard South in Las Vegas, Nevada 89119.
- HOURS: Monday through Friday from 6:30AM – 11AM, Breakfast Saturdays and Sundays from 7:00AM -11AM, Breakfast Buffet Saturdays an Sundays from 8AM – 1PM, Lunch every day from 11:30AM -3PM, Afternoon Tea Monday through Friday from 3PM – 4PM, Dinner every day from 5PM – 10PM. The Verandah Bar is open every day from 12 Noon – 10PM. *Afternoon Tea requires 24-hour advance notice. On Saturday and Sunday, afternoon tea is served for private parties only.
- SERVICE / STAFF: The staff at Verandah continues to amaze us with their kindness, graciousness, and welcoming invitation each time we visit. We were so happy to be served by Leakhena again, as we have always appreciated her warm demeanor, charming personality, and professional service.
- PRICE / VALUE: We were satisfied with the value we received for what was charged for the cuisine at Verandah.
- CORKAGE FEE: $25 per 750mL bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (702) 632 – 5121, Website: www.fourseasons.com
- PARKING: Valet service is available to care for your vehicle while dining at Verandah.
- TOTAL BILL: Our final bill came in over $100, but between two glasses of rose Champagne, a 12-ounce Filet with a side of sauteed mushrooms, and my selection of the 3-Course Lombardia Region Tasting Menu, we had no complaints.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.