In Munich, Germany, there sits a classic eatery popular with the locals for lingering lunches and great spirits. We stopped here for a quick lunch en route to meet some friends in the town on this particular day. The weather was beautiful and it was a terrific day to just take in the amazing climate and sights as well…
I loved this life-sized cartoonist’s rendition of a European waiter standing along the sidelines of Hofer House’s open courtyard where we elected to dine. I had to take a picture of it…
Complete with wrought iron detailed arched doorways and lantern wall sconces, this European pub-style cafe was just what we were looking for before heading out to our next destination…
Below, we indulged in some of the typical German fare. I chose the smoked salmon plate with crunchy light potato pancakes, caviar-topped boiled eggs and a sinful dipping sauce on the side with a glass of white wine. My husband decided on the Caprese Salad with fresh-picked basil and a delightful savory balsamic vinaigrette. Both were amazing, fresh-flavored and just what we needed before our drive across town…
This outdoor courtyard below is where we dined for lunch. You can see the empty table behind the gentleman in the light blue dress shirt with the red tie and the beer in front of him…that’s where we were seated.
Such a relaxed and flavorsome experience with friendly servers and pleasant surroundings. We enjoyed this visit to Hofer House, and hope to return again soon on a future-planned trip to Munich.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Beautiful ambiance and a welcoming feel invited us into this simple courtyard eatery filled with a neighborhood vibe and calming energy.
- FOOD / DRINK: The wines we enjoyed with lunch were refreshing and the fare was equally impressive and enjoyable
- LOCATION: Hofer House is located at Hofer. The host city of Burg Strasse 5, 80331 Munich.
- HOURS: The establishment is open for dining Monday through Saturday from 10 AM, except Sundays and holidays.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Friendly and efficient service was projected during our visit.
- PRICE / VALUE: We were happy with the fair price for the value of the food we enjoyed.
- CORKAGE: Hofer House did not allow any outside alcohol into their establishment when we visited.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (+ 49 89 24,210,444), Website: www.hofer-der-stadwirt.de
- PARKING: The best method we found of getting to this terrific dining spot is simply to walk. Located in the heart of the downtown bustling energetic city of Munich, there is so much to take in, and doing so via foot appeared to be the most enjoyable.
- TOTAL BILL: In American dollars, our total bill did not exceed $40, which for having two main dished and accompanying wines, we were delighted.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.