The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Resort isn’t just a beach haven. It’s a place to unwind, feel the warm gulf breeze against your face and a sanctuary to find yourself all over again. A gateway to tranquility and solace. A refuge from the stresses of the world and a safe haven to retreat to when one wants to rediscover serene relaxation. Known as the “Isle of Eight Flags” due to the area being the only section of the country having been under the command of eight different forms of government since it’s discovery in 1562, Amelia Island’s northern Florida location is naturally enhanced by thirteen miles of untouched beaches and massive picturesque sand dunes. Having it’s own storied past including habitation by Timucuan Indians, Confederates, aristocrats and even pirates at one point, this beach community is home to the Ritz-Carlton Resort with expansive beach views that will take your breath away between the beauty of the resort and the natural beauty of the surroundings.
The dramatic tunnel of trees as one prepares to turn into the property above is a memorable vision in my mind. Both alluring and southern in feel, the drive to the front of the hotel provides a welcoming entrance into the resort. Just a 30-minute drive from the Jacksonville international Airport, there’s no need to be concerned about a too-long trek to your final destination. When it’s the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island, it’s worth the thirty minutes to get there.
The scenery from our suite balcony was expansive. We’ve visited this property many times, and each time we stayed, whether for business or just a getaway, the enjoyment factor was compounded for us. I’ve spent many evenings writing and watching the sun set beyond the horizon both from our balcony as well as from the beach itself to find a sense of calm and peace only a beach-lined coast can provide.
There are several incredible dining facilities on property. However, if you’re taking advantage of late meetings in the day or just a trip away to enjoy doing nothing at all (we’re guilty of at least three of those trips ourselves), then you can also enjoy the beautiful and tasty creations from the Room Service department as we did above. And don’t forget the Cosmopolitans in the Lobby Lounge on the main level of the hotel. They’re outstanding and quite possibly some of the best I’ve ever experienced!
The well-maintained grounds of the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island property are serene and calming. Even just to walk hand-in-hand with the love of your life. My husband and I have spent hours with a bottle of wine sitting on the above wooden hanging swing overlooking the dunes while watching the sky fade from a colorful sunset to dark as the lights along walkovers from the resort to the beach have lighted the way to and from each location. Very romantic. Very relaxing. And extremely well-deserved. The colorful planted floral displays outside and the perfect expansive lawn offer white adirondack chairs beside personal fire pits for pleasant evenings long after the sun has set.
We really enjoy the Ocean Bar & Grill that surrounds the tropical oasis at the resort. Above, our usual warm weather indulgence at this particular property…banana daiquiries made with Meyer’s Jamaican Dark Rum and an additional Meyer’s Rum floater on top. Heaven by the pool and on the beach…or anywhere for that matter! The pool is also quite beautiful and perfectly lit after dark, as you can see in the photo above. The Beach Service also caters to your culinary cravings as you relax on a lounge chair or inside a private beach cabana as well!
The view of the hotel from the beach is also very striking beyond the dunes. But it’s the serene beach and surf that really capture the essence of relaxation and calm here. I’ve spent many evenings watching the sun set over the water while working on my writing. So inspirational and breathtaking. And the voice of the waves crashing onto the shore in repeitition is always stimulating in addition.
If you’re in the market for a great place to meet with business associates, reunite with family after years of being apart or just to have an excursion and relaxation with a loved one, the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Resort is a fine choice. We certainly enjoy our visits when we’re there, and highly recommend it to everyone looking for the same.
- PROPERTY: A welcoming staff greets you as you arrive at the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Resort. Luggage is taken care of and placed in a suite that’s been specially reserved for you. A beautifully-maintained property adds to the already enchanting views of the gentle crash of waves onto a beach-lined shore as you walk along leaving footprints behind you in the sand. Dining is relaxed and memorable, and there are several moments of catching yourself counting the endless reasons you may never leave this place. Coastal elegance is at it’s highest caliber at this resort and once you arrive and are embraced by the warmth of the staff, the beauty of the area and the delectable cuisine, you will find yourself not wanting to leave.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Welcoming, sincere and excited to assist in any way needed.
- PET FRIENDLINESS: Unfortunately, only registered service animals are allowed at this property.
- DINING OPTIONS: SALT, the resort’s fine dining eatery with picturesque views of the setting sun over modest sand dunes, has pleased us on more than one occasion. This AAA Five Diamond Award winning restaurant’s theme is enhanced by various types of salt, which servers proudly offer in small clear boxes before your departure from dinner. And keep in mind that Salt offers over 300 wines to choose from, so don’t forget to try a few while you’re there. CAFE 4750 is a coastal casual dining area serving breakfast, lunch and dinner specializing in seafood and temptations from local farms, pastas and gelatos. We’ve enjoyed dinner, drinks and dessert as well as lunch at this Southern-style cafe with no complaints. EIGHT BURGER BAR & SPORTS LOUNGE encompasses a neighborhood “pub” feel and offers pool tables, large screen televisions for game season, craft beers and other liberating cocktails, and a storied history to its name. THE LOBBY LOUNGE presents live evening entertainment for guests as well as light bites and cocktails to be enjoyed, an oceanside verandah and the Seaside Room, where sitting in front of a roaring fireplace can be one of the best things on a cool night. The OCEAN BAR & GRILL is positioned beside the pool and is just steps from the scenic stretch of beach along the island. Offering salads, gourmet sandwiches and seafood options with a full bar and pretty crafty bartenders, you can’t go wrong ordering here. Attire is casual, and swimsuits are welcome in addition.
- LOCATION: The Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton Resort is located at 4750 Amelia Island Parkway, Amelia Island FL 32034.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (904) 277-1100, Website: www.ritzcarlton.com
- PARKING: Valet Service is required at this property.
- RESORT AMENITIES: From golf and tennis to horseback riding along the beach to area tours and excursions, the hotel Concierge can inform you what’s currently available to make the most of your time while you visit Amelia Island. There’s so much to do on this beautiful island…both on and off property!