On Paradise Island in Nassau, Bahamas there sits the flagship restaurant of the One & Only Ocean Club Resort named Dune. A Jean-Georges Vongerichten exclusive dining establishment, this pleasurable restaurant with sensational ocean views from its cliff top perch will amaze you with its island beauty, classic simplicity and renowned Bahamian-influenced French-Asian cuisine.
Above, the view of the Dune Bar adjacent to the main restaurant from the beach. Below, the restaurant and bar entrances…
When in the Bahamas, why not enjoy a refreshing Bahama Mama at the Dune bar? Before we went into the restaurant, we sipped on the below cocktails and watched the sun set over the ocean and the magic of nightfall arrive…
Bahama Mama Cocktails
The Dune bar is stunning after dark falls over the island. Its back-lit marbled appeal compliments the Bahamian feel as island breezes visit then leave then revisit here on a continual basis…
We were retrieved for dinner once we finished our savory beverages and admired the breathtaking sunset. It was time to indulge in yet another Jean-Georges renowned establishment with amazingly tantalizing fare and unparalleled skilled service…
We started with the Chicken Samosas above…the fresh cilantro and yogurt sauce inside was a pleasant contrast to the zesty vinaigrette on the vegetable conglomeration beneath, while the light crunchy exterior of the dish created a celebratory beginning to dinner…
Bahamian Conch Salad
When in the Bahamas, do as the Bahamians do…eat conch! The above is a photo of Dune’s refreshing and flavorful Bahamian Conch Salad served with fresh lime and a spicy puree for those who enjoy a little heat. I enjoyed extra fresh-squeezed lime juice on this dish, while my husband preferred it the way it was prepared. Either way, it is a festive visual and flavorful presentation that will not soon be forgotten…
Veal Chop Spiked With Sage, Papaya Mustard & Madiera Jus
The Veal Chop spiked with sage, papaya mustard and Madeira jus impressed my husband so much that he had the chef come out to our table so he could compliment his outstanding efforts once our meal was completed. Succulent, tender and a flavor sensation!
Sirloin Of Beef With Mushrooms
I chose the Sirloin Of Beef. Gingered with mushrooms and a soy caramel emulsion, this large portion of beef was too large for me to finish, but was a deliciously-prepared and quite palatable…
A carafe of hot Bahamian coffee after dinner back in the bar was pleasing to us both as we sipped our mocha and listened to the ocean waves crash onto the shore just below us on Cabbage Beach.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Designed in a British Colonial style, the Dune bar and restaurant offer an island feel with an intimate setting. Very deserving of its “chicest restaurant in the Bahamas” rating by Travel + Leisure!
- FOOD / DRINK: The fresh fare and island beverages have a reputation that precedes them. Culinary excellence abounds at Dune, while the quality and portion size of the offered items is very satisfactory.
- LOCATION: Dune is located at the One & Only Ocean Club Resort on Paradise Island in Nassau, Bahamas.
- HOURS: The Dune Bar is open daily from noon to midnight, breakfast is served daily from 7 AM – 11 AM, lunch is offered daily between noon and 3 PM, and dinner is presented every evening from 6 PM – 10 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Attentive and professional, the staff calculates patrons’ desires and responds accordingly and in a timely manner.
- PRICE / VALUE: Exceptional value for the asked prices. Between the world-renowned cuisine, breathtaking panoramic beach and ocean views and superb service staff, there is no doubt this is a tremendous value!
- CORKAGE: Expect to pay at least $25 per bottle at this fine establishment.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: +(888) 865-6829, Website: www.jean-georges.com (click on “DUNE” on the main page for restaurant information.
- PARKING: Our vehicle was held with the property’s Valet when we checked in earlier in the day, so we did not have to drive as Dune is on property. However, the resort has shuttle service arrangements to and from the area for those that are staying at Atlantis on the other side of town. There are also taxis available around the clock to assist if needed.
- TOTAL BILL: Our final bill at the end of the night was just under $200, but we highly recommend it due to the quality of the cuisine, atmosphere and spectacular service we received.