You’re in the mood for Italian fare that won’t leave you feeling as though you paid to much for too little. Where do you go? Here’s a suggestion…Louise’s Trattoria. This wildly successful chain of Italian restaurants was started in 1978 and was the winner of the City Search ‘Ten Best Italian Restaurants In Los Angeles’. But we’re not surprised because we’ve experienced this eatery first hand and can report that we have returned, and will return again in the future. Quality ingredients, fresh presentations, friendly and courteous employees, and that special attention from management that makes you feel like you’re part of the family.
With locations in Brentwood, Larchmont Village, Santa Monica, Pasadena, and West Los Angeles, Louise’s knows that most people who enjoy a great Italian meal also appreciate a great vintage to accompany it. That’s why the company has created ‘Wine Down Weekends’. So what are ‘Wine Down Weekends’ anyway? Well, they’re all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday when the restaurants offer half-off select bottles of wine to their dining patrons. A good deal? We think so. In fact, we’ve taken advantage of this a number of times. And if you’re dining at Louise’s on any other day, the corkage fee is just $10. So bring in that bottle you’ve been waiting to enjoy with a terrific Italian meal and have your server at Louise’s cork it for you there.
Fresh Baked Ciabatta Bread Served With Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Can I just say that the ciabatta bread that Louise’s serves to start your meal is incredibly delicious? This buttery, crisp, garlic-enhanced perfectly baked dough will force you to indulge in a second piece…and maybe even a third. A nice change from the typical variation of bread most restaurants serve.
The Sonoma Salad ($10.50) arrives in all its colorful splendor with baby organic lettuce, sun dried tomatoes, earthy pine nuts, and Sonoma goat cheese enriched with a sensational balsamic vinaigrette dressing. A perfect beginning to a meal at Louise’s, and one that is light and hearty at the same time without being too much before a main course.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
The BBQ Chicken Pizza ($15/Medium) is loaded with plentiful BBQ chicken breast, mozzarella and smoked Gouda cheeses, a zesty BBQ sauce, sweet red onions, and refreshing cilantro. The medium sized pizza could easily feed three adults with no problem. A thin tanned crispy crust underneath creates the perfect base for the ingredients in this menu option.
I love an excellent Chicken Picatta dish. And I certainly received one at Louise’s. The creamy picatta sauce made from pungent capers, lemon, and butter glazes savory chicken breasts, and seasonal vegetables effortlessly, while a side of creamy whipped potatoes offers an added zing with a garlic enhancement.
Like pasta? Then you should try the Tagliatelle Bolognese ($12.50) at this popular Italian eatery. House-made ribbons of tagliatelle swirled in a heavenly emulsion of sirloin and pork ragu with tomato sauce, herbs, garlic, and red wine. A definite winner in the pasta category for us, this offering was filling and an exciting burst of flavor at the same time.
The rich taste of the Chicken Marsala ($14) with its Marsala wine, fresh and fragrant herbs, shallots, and mushrooms is another variation of a delicious dinner at Lousie’s which employs chicken as its main ingredient. Vibrantly-colored seasonal vegetables and garlic potatoes are added to this entree as well.
There is a wide assortment of traditional sweet selections at Louise’s. From the Tiramisu to the Italian Lemon Cake to the famous Humingbird Cake and other options, there is a sweet finale that is perfect for your taste after a delectable meal at this neighborhood establishment in the heart of Larchmont Village.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Tables are topped with crisp white linens, while large mirrors hang perfectly aligned on the interior walls against soft-toned surroundings and deep wood enhancements throughout the dining space. Outside, sidewalk tables are kept warm in the chilly weather by modern outdoor heaters which also add an element of intrigue to the area.
- FOOD / DRINK: Flavorsome dishes, terrific deals on wines during the weekends, and consistency from week to week in everything that is prepared here.
- LOCATION: Louise’s Trattoria restaurants are located across southern California, but the specific locale on Larchmont Boulevard that we frequent is at 232 North Larchmont Boulevard in Los Angeles, CA 90004.
- HOURS: Louise’s is available for dining Monday through Thursday from 11 AM to 10 PM, Friday and Saturday from 11 AM to 10:30 PM, and on Sundays from 12 PM to 9:30 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Sincere concern for customers can be felt at Louise’s. Servers, other staff, and management show that they are truly happy to be serving you.
- PRICE / VALUE: Realistic pricing for traditional Italian favorites. (Ask your server about the Louise’s Rewards Program to earn points for member discounts on future bills!)
- CORKAGE FEE: $10 per 750mL bottle.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (323) 962-9510, Website: www.louises.com.
- PARKING: Metered parking is available in front of the restaurant and along Larchmont Boulevard.
- TOTAL BILL: Our bills have never exceeded $40 for the two of us on any occasion thus far.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.