Luminaria Restaurant & Patio offers more than just a terrific meal. It offers a culinary experience worth stopping by for. On another divine encounter with Chef Bret Sparman’s savory flavor-filled temptations at this divinely-appointed and savory flavor-laced menu of delicious fare, we indulged in a satisfying breakfast before heading out to explore more of the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Luminaria Restaurant & Patio menus offer so many decisive selections on its well-planned out selection of items available. Its prime array of breakfast items is tempting, to say the least, as well as full of appetizing-sounding dishes that we just had to dive right into.
The interior décor of Luminaria Restaurant advertises its upscale modern Santa Fe casual comfort, while embracing an upscale display of cool earth tones, warm focal points displaying bursts of vibrant color, and well-planned out spaciousness throughout with its beamed ceilings overhead and inclusion of the true feel of what Santa Fe is all about.
Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice & English Breakfast Tea
We started with offerings of fresh squeezed orange juice and Mighty Leaf English Breakfast tea. As we sipped our early A.M. beverages, we appreciated the artistic style of the wall-mounted wooden shelving that supported large rounded candles against a neutral grey hue. Perusing the menu, we both found what we desired right away without hesitation.
Toasted Bagel With Smoked Salmon
Scrumptious thinly sliced smoked salmon was piled high atop a toasted bagel and accompanied in flavor by a zesty green chile cream cheese for a Santa Fe kick. Pungent capers and fresh red onion joined this compilation of deliciousness, as my husband relished in the flavors of tender chilled smoked salmon, a perfectly-toasted warm bagel, and one of the most wonderful morning get-togethers we’d experienced together on this particular trip to Santa Fe.
Loretto Eggs Benedict
You just haven’t had Eggs Benedict until you’ve enjoyed them at Luminaria Restaurant & Patio. Not only visually appealing, but sensational in taste and preparation as well, this morning entrée was filling enough to keep me full until a late lunch, yet not so overindulgent that it weighed me down. An exceptional presentation that I would definitely order again.
Chef Sparman uses only cage free eggs, and follows the basic principles of sustainability throughout his menu creations. Additionally, an egg substitute may be ordered by special request in the event you prefer your breakfast without real eggs. I, of course, went for the cage free deliciousness of the restaurant’s Eggs Benedict preparation, which was delightful with its silky and luxurious Hollandaise foam topping, bright green asparagus, thinly-shaved mouthwatering ham, and accompaniment of Santa Fe style breakfast potatoes.
All in all, a noteworthy dining experience topped off by an educational tour of the town’s museums, local artistry showcased curbside, and stunning views of present and past.
- ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Cool grays assume the major color background inside the eatery, while warm pops of inviting colors invite and intrigue dining patrons. The restaurant is spacious and cozy at the same time offering a full bar, an extensive display of refined customer service, and a delectable breakfast menu of items sure to please most any visitor.
- FOOD / DRINK: Fresh fare creatively presented by Chef Sparman’s culinary genius. The cuisine at Luminaria will excite and tempt the palate, while taking the diner on a flavor-laden ride without pause.
- LOCATION: Luminaria Restaurant & Patio is conveniently located on the first floor of the Inn & Spa At Loretto at 211 Old Santa Fe Trail in Santa Fe, NM 87501.
- HOURS: Chef Sparman’s exquisite culinary experiences may be enjoyed daily for breakfast from 7:00 AM until 11:00 AM, and lunch from 11:30 AM through 2:00 PM. Dinner is available from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM, and Sunday Brunch is offered from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Additionally, there is an available early dining menu presented daily from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: One of the many reasons we enjoy patronizing Luminaria Restaurant & Patio is the unparalleled customer service. Significant satisfaction among restaurant guests is definite.
- PRICE / VALUE: Fair, reasonable, and well worth the experience.
- CORKAGE FEE: No outside alcohol is allowed inside of the establishment.
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (505) 984-7915, Website: http://www.innatloretto.com/new-mexico-dining
- PARKING: Visiting guests may take advantage of the property’s valet service, while in-house guests have their vehicles taken care of via the overnight parking by the inn.
- PRICING: The fresh squeezed orange juice and Mighty Leaf English Breakfast tea arrived at $4 each. My husband’s Toasted Bagel With Smoked Salmon was graciously served at a reasonable $16, while my choice of the Loretto Eggs Benedict was fairly priced at $16 as well.
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.