The moment we arrived at Mastro’s Steakhouse in the upscale Pinnacle Peak area of Scottsdale, Arizona was the moment we realized we were in for an amazing experience. Noted for their upscale sophisticated ambiance, succulent prime steaks and seafood preparations, distinct fine wine selection, and unbeatable live entertainment within an elegant and comforting setting, Mastro’s Steakhouse in Scottsdale, Arizona excels without hesitation.
The brilliantly-hued custom made hand blown glass chandelier sculptures overhead at Mastro’s are breathtaking. Adding a unique flair to the eatery’s already unparalleled environment, these artistic creations effortlessly hover overhead drawing repeated attention to their color, sizeable proportion, and evident glamour they expel. Aside from spacious well-appointed dining tables, a dining and entertainment area exists in the restaurant’s own M Bar complete with energetic live music, an expansive full bar, and views through glass-walled dining rooms.
Fresh Baked Breads, Signature Martinis & Savory Wines
Let’s begin with a few items we enjoyed before ordering from Mastro’s Steakhouse’s succulent menu of varied items for the evening. Starting with the sensational Pomegranate Martinis, crafted with Ketel One Citroen Vodka, Monin Pomegranate, Triple Sec, and Sweet & Sour, don’t let the price tag fool you. You’re basically getting two chilled hand-shaken cocktails for one solid price. After being shaken table-side for your entertainment, the cocktail shaker is then left with you on the table for you to enjoy at your leisure. I was sure I would find myself ordering a second, but as it turned out, one was all I required at that interval in our meal that night to start our meal off right. The fresh-baked bread variety served with chilled sweet cream butter assisted with our intake of the tasty libations, while throughout the evening, we also enjoyed a glass of golden-hued buttery Fess Parker Chardonnay as well as a couple of pours of the deep gem-stained Ferrari Carano Napa Valley Merlot with its nose of berries, cinnamon and cherries.
Oysters on the half shell enter an entirely new existence at Mastro’s Steakhouse. Large fresh oysters are prepared with a mouthwatering mixture of fresh chopped parsley, crispy bacon, diced fennel bulb, shallots, garlic, a delectably sinful butter compilation, and savory herbs. Finally topped with tender spinach and a creamy mixture of Fontina, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses, these sizeable star appetizers offer bursts of multiple flavors and a presentation to rival most others. We ordered a half-dozen, then realized another would be imperative after taking our first bite.
Beef Carpaccio reigns supreme at this culinary location. We were impressed with the striking presentation of the thinly sliced raw prime beef tenderloin topped with shaved Parmesan, Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and shaved Parmesan-Reggiono cheese. Dijon mustard and zesty horseradish are then joined by oven-toasted baguette slices and vibrantly colored greens. A homemade vinaigrette dressing is a culinary finisher for this stunning, and tantalizing appetizer perfect before any occasion at Mastro’s Steakhouse.
Chilean Sea Bass
Chilean Sea Bass at its finest. The tender, juicy, white flesh of this sea derivative seemingly melts in one’s mouth as it is easily devoured once presented to the table in all its glory. A simple, yet sizeable presentation of a thick-cut filet seared to perfection is proudly served immediately from the oven delivered on a hot dish topped with light herbs and basted with a succulent clarified butter glaze.
As succulent as you can imagine a steak can be prepared, that’s what you will experience at Mastro’s Steakhouse. A meticulous searing beneath a 1500-degree broiler in the kitchen locks in flavors and juices, then the beef is smothered in clarified butter and the process is completed as ordered. As explained by our well-informed server, the restaurant wet-ages their prime cuts of beef for a minimum of 28 days, then once prepared, they are served on sizzling 400-degree plates straight from a 1500-degree oven served with clarified butter and a light sprinkling of herbs. We appreciated the simplistic preparations of the fish and steak offerings we enjoyed. Sometimes, an entrée doesn’t have to be joined by an over-piling of filling sides to be just what you’re seeking. Many times, a simplistic preparation speaks volumes over complexity in terms of culinary involvement.
There’s a reason the word ‘SIN” comes packaged in the name of this chocolaty dessert…because it truly is a purely sinful indulgence. From the complex layer after layer of chocolate corruption to the divinely creamy icing that surrounds the layers of sweetness that make for the perfect tempting finale to any meal, the Chocolate Sin Cake comes in a winning contender in the tempting arena of sweet decadent desserts on SavorHour’s list of favorites.
A truly unforgettable dining experience featuring sensational local entertainment within the spacious and lively M Bar, intimate and unrivaled service under a romantic dimly-lit glow within extravagantly decorated dining rooms, and an overall satisfying ambiance will leave most anyone speechless. From the time we walked through the restaurant’s front door illuminated by tiny white lights in the darkened environment of a stunning night sky to the time of our leaving to return to our home away from home in this city of unforgettable memories, it was proven to us without a doubt that we would be returning again soon to indulge in what Mastro’s Steakhouse offers its patrons.
ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: Hand blown glass chandeliers leave a lasting impression almost as amazing as the cuisine itself. Lively toe-tapping entertainment professes thousands of reasons to visit M Bar, and the entire establishment offers an intimate ambiance difficult to compete with.
- FOOD / DRINK: Expertly-prepared cuisine and chilled potent hand-shaken cocktails make for a seamless evening, while every bite from start to finish is consistent and flawlessly executed.
- LOCATION: We enjoyed visiting this particular Mastro’s Steakhouse, located at 8852 East Pinnacle Road in Scottsdale, AZ 85255.
- HOURS: Mastro’s Steakhouse served dinner only from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM on Sundays through Thursdays, while on Fridays and Saturdays the establishment stays open later from 5:00 PM until 11:00 PM. The spacious lounge opens at 4:00 PM daily until closing. On Sundays, enjoy brunch at Mastro’s Steakhouse from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM.
- SERVICE / STAFF: Unparalelled service, impeccable attention to detail, and a serving “staff” that attends to most any desire one could ask for ensures only perfection throughout the meal.
- PRICE / VALUE: Priced according to the quality of the items we ordered, we feel Mastro’s Steakhouse in Scottsdale affords reasonable value on the menu for the impeccable freshness of the items provided.
- CORKAGE FEE: TBA
- CONTACT INFO: Phone: (480) 585-9500, Website: www.mastrosrestaurants.com
- PARKING: Valet service is available for your convenience as well as a spacious lot with complimentary parking spaces.
- PRICING: Our Pomegranate Martinis proved intoxicating and ample at $18 each, while a glass of buttery Fess Parker Chardonnay came in at $14. The two glasses of Ferrari Carano Napa Valley Merlot arrived at $15 per glass. The Oysters Rockefeller starter we ordered was fairly priced at $18, while the stunning presentation of Beef Carpaccio was unveiled to us at a simple $22. The Chilean Sea Bass priced itself evenly at $47, and the 12-ounce Filet amply fit the bill at an acceptable $34.95. The Chocolate Sin cake finale came in at a simple $9, and was well worth every sinful morsel!
* Menu and prices subject to change without notice.